Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork
62 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: NOT MUSIC details via Pitchfork

vivakomeda wrote:
I remember Sadier said something like she thought of CC as "day" and this batch as "night", ie these would be a bit darker in mood.

I certainly hope this is the case. As time has gone on, I've grown to admit that CC was really terrible. Some of those songs are actually embarassing to listen to - Silver Sands and Daisy Click Clack being the main offenders...

Yesterday I listened to CC for the first time in about a year and I have to admit that I liked it less than I remembered.
I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is a terrible album:
I probably rate it about half way in my chart of favorite Lab records. But, like in FAB FOUR SUTURE, there is something that I can't quite grasp and explain which makes me dislike it. And it goes beyond the fact that there are 2 or 3 very mediocre songs.
Maybe it is the "fast" tempos, some contrived arrangements, the way melodies sit awkwardly on top of some of the chord changes...I am not sure.
It is a shame, as "esthetically" (and by that I don't just mean the artwork) I quite like it: the genesis and development of the material are fascinating, the sound and production are generally accomplished and some of the songs are beautiful.
But there is that "something"...
I have a feeling this "something" will be found on NOT MUSIC too.
Let's hope I am wrong.

Aug 18, 2010, 11:17

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: