Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
wtf is "slowcore" ???
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

Re: lets make up some genre names

el wanko wrote:
Acid Mothers Temple then?

Psychedelic Experimental with a dash of Drone Noise

LOW is one of my favorite "slowcore" groups:

Aug 24, 2010, 12:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

deadlyfingers wrote:
smoothadelic jazzclash
easycore electro-listening
talkabilly radio

i like smoothadelic jazzclash. i don't know what it is, but i'm gonna start a band and that's whast we'll play.

Aug 24, 2010, 13:46

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I love that song!

They're from my part of the country (Minnesota).

Aug 24, 2010, 13:53

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

jiffy pop

poppy cock

pop goes the weasel

Aug 24, 2010, 17:01

brakhage
brakhage
58 posts

Re: wtf is

slowcore is music for people who want to sleep... I can't remember how much times I felt asleep during a Low show... even if I like what they play...

Aug 24, 2010, 18:00

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

I'm sure I have read some of Low's stuff being described as slowcore.

Aug 24, 2010, 20:02

Bytor Peltor
Bytor Peltor
165 posts

brakhage wrote:
I can't remember how much times I felt asleep during a Low show

I've never been more alive than when attending a LOW show. Guess you've never seen them perform this:

Aug 24, 2010, 23:11

brakhage
brakhage
58 posts

Bytor Peltor wrote:
brakhage wrote:
I can't remember how much times I felt asleep during a Low show

I've never been more alive than when attending a LOW show. Guess you've never seen them perform this:

Probably.
But, they are a very good band, I really liked their music. It's just... I don't know... I can't resist at gigs... But it was the same with Arab Strap in another kind of music.
And I can't play any of their songs today, because they are too... slowcore ! :-)

Aug 25, 2010, 05:50

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
seems like most of the stuff i like is labeled:

neo-psychedelia

or

psychedelic-pop

is RYM trying to tell me i have a drug problem?

A lot of the stuff that I like could also be described as "psychedelic". Some object to that term, but I've always associated it with certain attitude or that spaced-out, alien-from-another-planet approach. If some organ solo to me sounds psychedelic, then I think it's played by an individual who's dared to venture a bit far out, regardless if he IS far out or if the chemicals have pushed him far out.

Listen to this for a moment (first two minutes basically) and then tell me, was this drug-induced or not?

Aug 25, 2010, 20:53

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
seems like most of the stuff i like is labeled:

neo-psychedelia

or

psychedelic-pop

is RYM trying to tell me i have a drug problem?

A lot of the stuff that I like could also be described as "psychedelic". Some object to that term, but I've always associated it with certain attitude or that spaced-out, alien-from-another-planet approach. If some organ solo to me sounds psychedelic, then I think it's played by an individual who's dared to venture a bit far out, regardless if he IS far out or if the chemicals have pushed him far out.

Listen to this for a moment (first two minutes basically) and then tell me, was this drug-induced or not?

i agree, not all psychedelic music is drug-induced. to be honest when i read an artist or album described as "psychedelic" it piques my interest because it'll probably be out there, and i like spaced out sounds whether stoned or sober. Some of it is rubbish, for sure.

Aug 25, 2010, 21:54

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index