Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The Stereolab songs with the best intro
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZeltil
YZeltil
13 posts

The Stereolab songs with the best intro

I would nominee:
Gus the Mynah Bird (I once dreamed a strange aquarium and the intro of this song was playing then and it felt like the most heavenly music ever!)
Metronomic Undeground
One Note Samba / Surfboard
Ticker-Tape of the Unconscious
...Sudden Stars
Des etoiles Electroniques

Maybe more, but I don't remember now

Aug 29, 2010, 17:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

matthew6
matthew6
1905 posts

Re: The Stereolab songs with the best intro

I agree with Sudden Stars

Aug 29, 2010, 18:27

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

I agree on "Gus the Mynah Bird" and I'd just like to state that I'd love to snatch up a vinyl of Sound-Dust, there the intro to "Gus" is even longer, more full-blown, three minutes of Steve Reich doing "SMiLE" kind of bliss.

Other favorite intros:
The Black Arts (shimmering beauty)
Come and Play In the Milky Night (dig those guitars, plus a very spacey sound at the start)
Contronatura (swelling organ a la Third era Soft Machine)
Old Lungs (dig that nasty fuzz bass)
Slow Fast Hazel (very effective, begins with Laetitia taking a breath and then lead vocals immediately with full band sound)
You Used to Call Me Sadness (some really cool avant-garde noises, then a drumbeat on the Lissy's version)
1000 Miles an Hour (a very tranquil first half a la Philip Glass channeled via Spacemen 3)

Aug 29, 2010, 21:58

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:
(swelling organ)

*giggle*

Aug 30, 2010, 00:19

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

Yea my organ is swelling when i hear baby lulu's intro.

Aug 30, 2010, 11:18

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

the spacey intros for Les Aimes Des Memes and Plastic Mile.

Aug 30, 2010, 14:02

thomas2
thomas2
1700 posts

Rainbo Conversation. Glorious!

Aug 30, 2010, 20:10

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

The first few minutes of "Young Lungs" (before the vocals kick in). Always loved that laid-back swinging drum beat with the simple bass notes and that hypnotic organ/synth swirl. I prefer this version to "Old Lungs" any day of the week.

Aug 30, 2010, 20:20

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Wow...there are so many of them!
I agree with your choice of GUS THE MYNAH BIRD, especially the vinyl version, and also with some of the other choices.
I will include those in my top 20 list (in chronological order) as well:

PING PONG
CYBELE'S REVERIE
BRIGITTE
SPARK PLUG
PERCOLATOR
MONSTRE SACRE
MISS MODULAR
RAINBO CONVERSATION
THE FLOWER CALLED NOWHERE
REFRACTIONS IN THE PLASTIC PULSE
PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME
INFINITY GIRL
THE EMERGENCY KISSES
COME AND PLAY IN THE MILKY NIGHT
CANNED CANDIES
GUS THE MYNAH BIRD
LES BON BONS DES RAISONS
THE MAN WITH 100 CELLS
NEED TO BE
DEAR MARGE

Aug 31, 2010, 00:45

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Stereo Mouse wrote:

The Black Arts (shimmering beauty)
Come and Play In the Milky Night (dig those guitars, plus a very spacey sound at the start)
1000 Miles an Hour (a very tranquil first half a la Philip Glass channeled via Spacemen 3)

Gotta agree with all of those, and add Tempter. I love that swirling bubbly synth line.

And Super-Electric!

Aug 31, 2010, 00:54

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index