Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The Stereolab songs with the best intro
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Re: The Stereolab songs with the best intro

yeah good call, norm. i knew there'd be one i forgot about.

Aug 31, 2010, 06:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

great picks!

Aug 31, 2010, 06:10

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

good one
also, vonal declosion! oh man today I scored an AA book inn french. It's called Alcooliholics Anonymous! emphasis ona COOL. I can't wait to crash meetings with it as a middle aged exchange drunk. It will be fun and good for my idiom. In fact maybe all the french speaking drunks can gather for a meeting, but never get sober. YAY!

Aug 31, 2010, 06:16

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

yeas yeas black arts whole song- number one!

Aug 31, 2010, 06:18

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

amen
and refractions!

Aug 31, 2010, 06:19

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I agree with 80 % percent of your list. I've never heard ping pong and some of the earlier work doesn't captivaate anything but my pocket.

Aug 31, 2010, 06:22

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

I love the way Harmonium kicks off with that feller in the penthouse having trouble with his thingy slipping out (well you started it with your swelling organs). I like all that sampled sound stuff the groop added on some of their earlier tracks.
Also the intro to French Disko, even though it's just blam-blam-blam-blam, still sends a shiver down me wotsit - the wonky organ/blam-blam-blam-blam start to French Disco (the Oscillons version) also good.

Sep 02, 2010, 10:05

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Household Names.

Pack Yr Romantic Mind- for cranking up the moog.

Come Play In The Milky Night for the flying saucers passing by.

Vodiak.

w/Nurse with wound- Simple Headphone Mind.

Sep 02, 2010, 17:58

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I like Canned Candies. The way the old forum played upon entrance. I wish this forum had a jingle jangle.
a lot to choose from. I like Les B.B. des Raisons. refractions is my favorite. bunch a stuff on cobra MAQ. Sudden Stars. too difficult to pick one. I'll ponder it some more. cellulose sunshine. one note samba I can't believe somebody said that. it does sound nice. I am interested in this thing Laetitia is doing in Manchester the collaboration w/artist a musical exposition into Marxism. I hope it will be available for interpretation. I like french horn solos and trombone. Those always brighten the mood. I can't wait for the two new albums.

Sep 04, 2010, 23:49

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Hallucinex. we could just go round and round all day about this. International coloring contest, Percolator, that little bird song on Space Age Bachelor Pad. metronomic underground. etc. well metronomic underground has a WAY WAY WAY better ending than beginning . I love the end of that song.

Sep 04, 2010, 23:53

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index