Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
"Not music" review
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re: Not Music on ITunes

my favourite after Supah Jaianto is Sun Demon, looks I like fast tracks more

Sep 28, 2010, 19:26

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

Do you have the whole thing?

Sep 28, 2010, 19:36

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

nope, only 2 tracks (from that radio session I wrote about few weeks ago)

I think it will leak soon, I got CC 2 months before release, I'm always impatient

Sep 28, 2010, 21:09

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

Yes, I would like to hear it soon. The snippets on iTunes sound great. Especially if you like CC!

Sep 29, 2010, 07:29

jorbel
330 posts

Re:

Those alternative snippets... It doesn't sound like a hiatusal band. At all. I can't wait to have it in my headphones. The nighty twist comes perhaps from the more reflective penchant. Instrumentally, and vocally. Lae's voice sounds glorious, by the way. Nothing like in her album. I feel so much energy here that it's hard to think of this as the groop's chant du cygne. The best band in the whole Universe. Forever and ever. <3

Sep 29, 2010, 14:05

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Thanks for the link! I'm going to like this. We can't expect it not to sound like CC and FFS. I guess the thing I've not been crazy about these last few years is some of the specific sounds of the guitar and synth. Not sure what it is.
But this has less of the CC poppy sound to me for sure.

And Laserblast sounds more Margerine-like in part, Nice!

The end of the Cardboard Clouds snippet is very much like Kyberneticka Babicka, plus Pop Molecules does of course.

I know already I love Equivalences, Laserblast, Aelita, Pop Molecules, plus probably Everybody's Weird Except Me, Delugeoise, Sun Demon, and the Neon Beanbag noodling.

Sep 29, 2010, 16:47

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Thanks for the link! I'm going to like this. We can't expect it not to sound like CC and FFS. I guess the thing I've not been crazy about these last few years is some of the specific sounds of the guitar and synth. Not sure what it is.
But this has less of the CC poppy sound to me for sure.

I think the thing that bothers me most about CC is how synthetic it sounds, too tight, too perfect. At least in ME and previous albums it all sounds looser and more natural. Notwithstanding the fact that some of the recorded sounds are actual recordings of hand played instruments, I prefer to hear what sounds like real fingers plucking the strings and keys in less perfect and more natural way. I NM much more than CC.

Sep 29, 2010, 17:29

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

I wonder if Laetitia had more of a hand in picking these tunes, I haven't listened to any recent interviews, but probably won't hear much of that info until they get interviewed after it comes out. I'm sure they'll both have their different take on it. I also wonder if O'Hagan had less to do with these particular tracks.

Sep 29, 2010, 17:43

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I also wonder if O'Hagan had less to do with these particular tracks.

Well, I haven't heard any accordions (or did I? *futher investigation*) or any insect orchestras on NM.

Sep 29, 2010, 18:30

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
I also wonder if O'Hagan had less to do with these particular tracks.

Well, I haven't heard any accordions (or did I? *futher investigation*) or any insect orchestras on NM.

hehe, well I was thinking more of violin sounds. Didn't I read he was composing some big banjo thing for children or something?

Oct 04, 2010, 18:47

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index