Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
absinthe - scary drink!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

absinthe - scary drink!

i just discoverd that they serve absinthe at my local. i did a shot and it blew my head off! i wanna do it more often. but its a bit scary. good for a short night out i suppose. just get a shot of absinthe followed by some smirnoff ices. or maybe some double vodkas if i wanna be really drunk. it certainly is good for getting you there on a low budget. i'd never do two shots of that stuff tho, so its a bit risky. anyway, anyone had any absinthe expieriences. i get it down trinity bar near where i live. which is quite cool.

Sep 17, 2010, 18:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: absinthe - scary drink!

ooof....be careful with that. I shared a bottle with some friends back on Christmas Eve 2004 and holy shit did it mess me up. I didn't even drink that much (did the water/ice/sugar cube thing).

such lovely packaging though.

I'll stick with dry white wine, champagne or gin.

Sep 17, 2010, 18:57

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

just one small shot of that stuff, was enough to literally blow my head off. like drinking several vodkas. so yes you would get quite drunk on a very small amount. it goes to your head because its such high volume alchohol, you're doing alot in such a small burst all at once. if you drank that stuff from the bottle, then i'm impressed. i was a bit scared just doing a small shot. but thats because hard substances do make me nervous. so a was getting psychological shit, because i'm basically a wimp. i think the stuff i did was 68% vol.

Sep 17, 2010, 19:32

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

I went to an absinthe tasting at Delilah's in Chicago a year or so ago (got to try over a dozen or 24 kinds).

Although it's finally "legal" in America, I don't think it has the hallucinogenic ingredient like how you find in Europe, but it's still damn strong.

Sep 17, 2010, 20:31

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

the hallucinogenic experience supposedly happens to those who drink it regularly and build up somewhat of a tolerance (so they can drink more of it).

Sep 17, 2010, 21:12

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I'm kind of a beer guy. I actually have tried it...not my thing.

Sep 17, 2010, 21:31

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

one shot of absinthe and two double vodkas is enough for me in one night. i can take my alchohol, but i can still tell when i've had alot. maybe do one shot, and just have a few smirnoff ices, actually. do the double vodkas too and i'd be mega pissed!

Sep 17, 2010, 21:33

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

i've got a thing where i really wanna do it. like peer pressure from my own brain. Ben (my name) the absinthe drinker. i wanna go yellow with pissed. do something exciting for once. its not as dangerous as crack after all. goths like absinthe. one for MY RETURN. its basically there at trinitys so i gotta do it. not very wise. hell i dont even need alchohol. nah shouldn't do it.. but i fear i will :/

Sep 17, 2010, 21:47

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Trinity's, is that the pub over there near the Angelika?? Been there, tore it up.

Sep 17, 2010, 21:48

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

i've been guilty of that sort of thing in my vegas (yeah i've been there) past. now i drink more sencibly. just do one shot of bloody absinthe. maybe one day i'll never drink alchohol and be ultra clean, like i did in my early twenties (when stereolab was big). might become vegetarian once again too. f%&k burger king!

Sep 17, 2010, 22:02

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index