Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!

Yesterday I went to the Music & Video Exchange shop in Notting Hill, London and saw the promo of the new Stereolab album on display in one of the shopping windows.
What a surprise! It was an expensive 15 but I had to get it! It's funny as it was exactly in the same place where at the time I had found previous Stereolab promo releases.
It comes in a typical cardboard promo sleeve and it has the grey background artwork like the iTunes version.
The cd is a proper one and not a cd-r.

I won't be able to listen to it until Monday though as I am currently away for work.
I will try to post a review during the week (I will be travelling again on Tuesday), although I am pretty sure that, if there are promo copies around, it will leak out very soon. But it won't be me as I know that even if you guys will eventually buy it, some other people might not.
So I am sure you will understand that I don't wish to do this to my favorite band.

Or maybe this is what I will do: Tim and Laetitia, if you are reading this post, promise me that you will carry on as Stereolab (even without the departed good old Andy Ramsay) or I will give this recording to everyione!!!
Just kidding :-)

Oct 09, 2010, 19:55

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!

Of course you should not post a promo on here, that wouldn't respect the band. And of course if promos are out, it will leak quickly online. And of course we will all listen to it. I think most of us fans on here will buy it as well. You really lucked out. I want to hear it and I don't want to wait until November.

Oct 09, 2010, 20:15

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

I am sure you will be able to hear it pretty soon.
I am actually surprised that it's not already available for "illegal" download yet.
And I know that all of us on this forum will buy it, even more than 1 copy (3 in my case!).

Oct 09, 2010, 20:28

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Might even be 4 copies if they put extra tracks on the Japanese issue. How silly can a grown up fan be: promo cd, standard cd, clear vinyl, Japanese cd!

Oct 09, 2010, 21:26

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

I wonder if more people in the US and UK buy the japanese editions than actual Japanese people.

Oct 09, 2010, 21:37

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I wonder if more people in the US and UK buy the japanese editions than actual Japanese people.

I know i bought the Japanese version of CC.

Isn't selling a promo copy illegal? You wouldn't think a store would take a risk like that for $30. Online and auctions is one thing. But to risk loosing distribution rights and potential law suits, as the operate on such slim budgets.

Oct 10, 2010, 14:33

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

And it was in their display window. I see them in the used section of the record stores all the time. But you mean before the album even comes out right?

Oct 10, 2010, 16:19

Neho
8 posts

Buy it on eBay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STEREOLAB-not-music-CD-promo-RARE-laetitia-sadier-lp-7-/270647594207?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_CDs_CDs_GL&hash=item3f03da8cdf

note: I'm not the seller ;-)

Oct 10, 2010, 19:17

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Haha, well, someone will buy it to collect it. Would be nice to have. But it'll leak before that auction's over.

Oct 10, 2010, 19:49

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

velvetwater wrote:
Yesterday I went to the Music & Video Exchange shop in Notting Hill, London and saw the promo of the new Stereolab album on display in one of the shopping windows.
What a surprise! It was an expensive 15 but I had to get it! It's funny as it was exactly in the same place where at the time I had found previous Stereolab promo releases.
It comes in a typical cardboard promo sleeve and it has the grey background artwork like the iTunes version.
The cd is a proper one and not a cd-r.

I saw a press copy of XTC's Apple Venus with a great 'A is for Apple' sleeve in the very same shop - still sort of wish I'd bought it when I could. I reckon it's a nice little perk for music writers to flog all their free promo discs there.

Oct 10, 2010, 20:11

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index