Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!
69 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!

Dear Jorge (are you Brazilian, Portuguese or neither?), probably yours is the right and best attitude in order to fully enjoy whatever music one listens to.
But sometimes I don't mind a more "conceptualistic" approach.
And Stereolab have always been quite conceptual.

I have finally had a chance to listen to NOT MUSIC for the second time and I have removed the remixes from the playlist: this way it already flows much better.
Certainly, like cyberpainter said, a compilation between CC and NM in order to gather the best tracks together, would make an excellent album.
As they stand though, I probably rate CC a little higher than NM.

You ask about Joan As A Policewoman, musical project of Joan Wasser.
She is american, she used to be in Anthony & The Johnson and was the girlfriend of Jeff Buckley at the time of his premature death.
She then released 2 beautiful albums (plus the covers one). A third lp is imminent.
I would definitely recommend her (although her music bare no relation to Stereolab): I think she is one of the best singer-songwriters around.
Start with this pair of beautiful songs as a starter. The first one is dedicated to Jeff Buckley.

Oct 15, 2010, 15:35

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: