Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!
69 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jorbel
330 posts

Re: Got the NOT MUSIC promo cd!!!

velvetwater wrote:

Good for you! :-)
After all I quite like it too. I am just not satisfied with the sequencing (inclusion of remixes, position of some songs) and I don't rate it as high as Stereolab's best albums.
Also, I don't see how the fans that didn't like CC could like NM. I rate CC a little higher because it has more songs and generally more attention to the arrangements.
Nevertheless I would happily swap SILVER SANDS, DAISY CLICK CLACK and NOUS VOUS DEMANDONS PARDON with SUPAH JAIANTO, DELUGEOISIE and SO IS CARDBOARD CLOUDS.
I also like AELITA.
EVERYBODY'S WEIRD, TWO FINGER SYMPHONY and SUN DEMON are ok. The rest is forgettable stuff for Stereolab's high standards.
Please eat some pasteis de nata for me!

I see what you mean. I cannot rate FFS, CC and NM as high as the groop's best recordings too. But one thing I love about these is their freshness, their sheer energy. I hope that these won't be the groop's last efforts, because I can still envision a radiant horizon full of possibilities.

Would you like somes pastéis de Belém? I can send them to you if you want. These days I don't eat much sugary foods, but yes, they're terrific.

Cheers,

Jorge

Oct 17, 2010, 13:15

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: