Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
3 most listened to album from 2010
58 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Re: Before Today

Mars Rover wrote:
i got the Ariel pink too, but i played it heavily for a week and then haven't since. i really have no desire to listen to it again. it feels like a comedy album, after you hear all the jokes, there's really no reason to repeat.

I don't know, I don't see it as a comedy album. Entertaining and fun in places, yes, but much more than just a bunch of jokes strung together. In fact "Before Today" is probably my "album of the year", and APHG put on one of the best gigs I saw in 2010 :)

I beleive Ariel Pink to be a really talented guy and view him as a "serious artist", even (in fact especially) on the earlier records. Although the sound quality may be pretty rough in places on those, the songwriting is fantastic. There is certainly plenty of character and atmosphere, something lacking all too often in modern music....

Oct 15, 2010, 09:39

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: