Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Gruff Rhys - Shark Ridden Waters
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Re: Gruff Rhys - Shark Ridden Waters

GaryB2 wrote:
Did you hear about his new film? He tracked down Welsh-speaking folk singers in the Andes (seriously). The people descend from Welsh folks that left the UK 200 years ago! Some of the road signs in Chile (I think) have dual Welsh/Spanish road signs. Blew my mind that did.

Yes, I saw the trailer for it last year. (I think it was even for sale at the show.) I'll definitely have to see it at some point.

Mar 05, 2011, 23:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

GaryB2 wrote:
Did you hear about his new film? He tracked down Welsh-speaking folk singers in the Andes (seriously). The people descend from Welsh folks that left the UK 200 years ago! Some of the road signs in Chile (I think) have dual Welsh/Spanish road signs. Blew my mind that did.

I think the Welsh community is in Argentina. It's mentioned in a travel book called 'In Patagonia' by Bruce Chatwin - a very interesting read. The book also talks about the real story of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid who came to a sticky end in that part of the world - not nearly as likeable characters as they were portrayed in the film.

Mar 05, 2011, 23:28

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Mar 05, 2011, 23:47

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

where did the video w/Joe go? I am going to whistle at him. but that looks like his crazy brother Adam. somebody posted some Japanese fanzines about 5 yrs ago of Joe and his bro. too hot! I read about it in my fanzine "All About Joes W. " saw the picture, it was promoted to me, and I gathered it all in my memory. That's Adam Watson.

Mar 07, 2011, 01:07

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

s_lush_s wrote:
where did the video w/Joe go? I am going to whistle at him. but that looks like his crazy brother Adam. somebody posted some Japanese fanzines about 5 yrs ago of Joe and his bro. too hot! I read about it in my fanzine "All About Joes W. " saw the picture, it was promoted to me, and I gathered it all in my memory. That's Adam Watson.

kindly repost the video, thanks.

Mar 07, 2011, 01:08

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index