Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Laetitia sadier: Nothing belongs to me
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts
Oct 27, 2010, 10:40

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

Re: Laetitia sadier: Nothing belongs to me

my hopes are broken. Stereolab will never return. that's a fact

Oct 27, 2010, 11:01

vivakomeda
744 posts

Yeesh.. she doesn't come off very well in that interview...

I must say I agree with her observation near the end that the sound on the last tour could have been more stripped down.

Sounds like maybe there are grounds for a reunion of sorts? What's this about the "tour schedule"? A joke that I missed maybe?

Oct 27, 2010, 12:04

matthew6
matthew6
1891 posts

palinuro wrote:
my hopes are broken. Stereolab will never return. that's a fact

well if that is the case, they've already created a huge discography. counting the switched on series it must approach 20 albums worth?

Oct 27, 2010, 13:11

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Yea...she seems a little grumpy about her last experience with Stereolab still.

I understand why she is letting it all out now. But I feel sorry for Tim being the quiet nice guy in the background.. of course it is no business of mine to get my nose into their personal lives..

But then who knows if the hatred is gone with time, maybe thing will revive again. Maybe Andy will rejoin..

Oct 27, 2010, 13:15

jorbel
329 posts

Now what a great read! Thanks for sharing! :)

I totally understand what Lae means with walking her own way. That is so evident from her solo shows. She really has an urgent need to develop herself musically, to hear herself. I think this all makes a lot of sense and we should respect it.

But then again, I wish the Groop would tour for this particular Not Music recording, since it sounds so much like it was made to be played live.

If Not Music is the Groop's last recording, it couldn't have been more promising of a future we don't know yet.

Oct 27, 2010, 13:26

jeff w
jeff w
678 posts

Great interview! Thanks for sharing.

Oct 27, 2010, 15:45

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I enjoyed this much more than the Bradford Cox conversation. I like how she swears a bunch and doesn't take any shit anymore.

I hope the solo albums and awesome collaborations never end. I have a feeling she's going to join forces with someone brilliant and unexpected and it will knock our fucking socks off. I can't wait!

Oct 27, 2010, 15:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

A terrific interview, so in depth and revealing, of such a beautiful talented musician. I love her and loved reading it.

Oct 27, 2010, 18:37

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Yeesh.. she doesn't come off very well in that interview...

Are you kidding me?

Oct 27, 2010, 18:38

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index