Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Woot! My vinyl copy of Not Music arrived!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

Woot! My vinyl copy of Not Music arrived!

The Rough Trade shop edition, that is. The postman delivered it Saturday morning. I wasn't expecting it ten days early!

This edition comes as two separately packaged records. The first disc has a grey cover with flecks of yellow & green (like the promo CD, I guess) and the second has the normal blue cover. Otherwise, the packaging is very minimal, no frills. Paper inner sleeves and just basic track information and a few credits on the outer sleeves. No lyrics.

The clear vinyl looks nice and the discs sound great.

Any questions?

Nov 07, 2010, 15:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Woot! My vinyl copy of Not Music arrived!

Why'd I not get mine? Not fair :(

Nov 07, 2010, 15:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Yay! Can't wait to go to Amoeba to buy the CD.

Nov 07, 2010, 18:51

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Lucky you!

Nov 07, 2010, 20:01

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

no lyrics? wu-oh! I couldn't wait to read them.

Nov 07, 2010, 20:02

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

jeff w wrote:
The Rough Trade shop edition, that is. The postman delivered it Saturday morning. I wasn't expecting it ten days early!

This edition comes as two separately packaged records. The first disc has a grey cover with flecks of yellow & green (like the promo CD, I guess) and the second has the normal blue cover. Otherwise, the packaging is very minimal, no frills. Paper inner sleeves and just basic track information and a few credits on the outer sleeves. No lyrics.

The clear vinyl looks nice and the discs sound great.

Any questions?

Two individual sleeves, no gatefold? That's strange. It'll cost close $40 to get ship to the states. Tempted but that's a lot of coinage. I wonder if the Drag City version will be like this minus the clear vinyl?

Nov 08, 2010, 00:14

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

Is that really the shipping price?? Harsh.

Nov 08, 2010, 01:02

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Is that really the shipping price?? Harsh.

I just ordered it. It comes to $33 total with shipping.

Nov 08, 2010, 01:07

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Wait, it's on 2 records?

Nov 08, 2010, 01:34

jeff w
jeff w
676 posts

Kazak wrote:
Wait, it's on 2 records?

uh-huh. Most of the groop's albums come as double vinyl sets. Better audio quality that way.

Oh and for the remix-hatas among you, you'll be pleased to note that they have a side to themselves (well, almost) for easy avoidance. ;)

Nov 08, 2010, 09:32

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index