Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Great Indie-rock albums of the 90s, you might not know
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Great Indie-rock albums of the 90s, you might not know

Who is that? Sounds right up my street!

Nov 17, 2010, 23:43

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Christmas - Ultraprophets of Thee Psykick Revolution, '89

Good luck finding that one. 'Tis great though.

Nov 19, 2010, 04:32

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Christmas - Ultraprophets of Thee Psykick Revolution, '89

Kazak wrote:

Is that the record in corporalclegg's clip?

Nov 19, 2010, 07:06

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

I don't think so, but I couldn't get the last one to load, so I'm not sure.

Nov 19, 2010, 12:31

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Opening track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzn1gw0ex4Y

Nov 19, 2010, 12:42

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

hito wrote:
Swervedriver - Raise (perhaps the best of the shoegazer, swirling guitars, wall of noise rock records)
nomeansno - The worldhood of the world as such (Devo with more oomph and nineties sensibilities)
Polvo - Exploded Drawing (jagged, clever and probably closest to the indie rock category)

I don't know that I'd call Swervedriver the best of shoegazer, but I do like them very much. I went to their "reunion" show a couple of years ago, it was a great nostalgic evening for me :D

I was a big fan of Nomeansno as a youngster....haven't really listened to them for years, then I find out they're playing here next Saturday....can't wait!

I love Polvo. Think maybe "This Eclipse" EP is my favourite of their releases :)

Nov 19, 2010, 13:58

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Kazak wrote:

Quite a few cheapish copies on eBay!

Nov 20, 2010, 22:53

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

GaryB2 wrote:

Papa Sprain - Flying To Vegas

Hard to find in the physical format but google some blogspots and you should find a listen.

Nov 20, 2010, 23:27

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

corporalclegg wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:

Papa Sprain - Flying To Vegas

Hard to find in the physical format but google some blogspots and you should find a listen.

This is my new fave band! :)

Got the 12" on eBay and all the tunes on a blog. Outta Belfast. Who da thunk it??!!

Thanks, CC ;)

Nov 20, 2010, 23:44

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I recognize that! who? Myles? sketches of spain? I love that one~! It's missing I should buy another. I love Scekthes ??der? of Espan. That's a GREAT one by Myles Davis. Myles Davis, tragic life; I watched an auto-bio about him in NYC and his life, etc. RIP

Nov 21, 2010, 02:20

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index