Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Great Mustaches Of Rock History
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Great Mustaches Of Rock History

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/31211/great-moustaches-of-rock/

I was thinking of growing a Nick Mason. Such an under-rated drummer. . .

Cybele

Nov 19, 2008, 03:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lab.rat
12 posts

Re: Great Mustaches Of Rock History

They left out Nick Cave, surely a contender for goth rock/country 'stache award?

Nov 19, 2008, 07:16

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Nov 19, 2008, 12:27

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

John Waters Is more rock n' roll then any of these punters.

Nov 19, 2008, 14:40

crest
crest
63 posts

Re: John Waters Is more rock n' roll then any of these punters.

Jon Lord, organist for Deep Purple, had a sweetie goin' if I remember right . . .

Nov 19, 2008, 15:13

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: John Waters Is more rock n' roll then any of these punters.

crest wrote:
Jon Lord, organist for Deep Purple, had a sweetie goin' if I remember right . . .

But did he darken it with eye liner?

Nov 19, 2008, 16:06

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

cybele wrote:

I was thinking of growing a Nick Mason. Such an under-rated drummer.

I am digging Ol' Nick at the moment. Ibiza Bar is a great song, made all the better by his drumming. See also: The Nile Song.

Nov 19, 2008, 22:25

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Yeah, everything on More is a great showcase of his percussion. Somehow, his drumming on More was recorded really well. But on the whole, I think the pre-Meddle recordings don't do justice to his ability because of the technology (even though they were using cutting-edge tech at the time).

If they can get a hold of the old masters and really fuck around, I'll bet they can bring out a great many things.

Also like to add that watching him drum on Pompeii is more exciting than watching any of the other three perform.

Anyone read his book about the Floyd?

Cybele

Nov 19, 2008, 23:46

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

Nov 19, 2008, 23:52

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

Nov 20, 2008, 00:43

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index