Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
All killer, no filler
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: All killer, no filler

hito wrote:
I just listened to Instant O again. It is actually quite good in parts. Cheers

I love Instant 0, from start to finish. Margerine seemed like a rehash. That's probably why I didn't embrace it.

Nov 10, 2010, 21:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

The Mary Excuse

I don't see how the band would have been any different if she was still alive. They evolved before, continuously. So just say they went beyond your limits or what you're comfortable with. That's believable.

Some of us like the 8years since, maybe for a few even more. To stay around and dream it didn't exist..ha Too laughable. :P

Nov 10, 2010, 21:49

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

flatironsteak wrote:
But yea the last part of Aelita does sound like part of the Refraction in the Plasctic Pulse.

That melodie has been used often. Miss L. uses it on Italian Shoes Continuum. I can't think of the others of the top of my head.

Nov 10, 2010, 22:49

GaryB2
GaryB2
2325 posts

All killa. No filla.

From ME-era onwards, but not including NM.

1. Spool Of Collusion

2. L Exotisme Interieur

3. Vonal Declosion

4. Whisper Pitch

5. University Microfilms International

6. The Nth Degrees

7. Kyberneticka Babicka pt1

8. La Demeure

9. Need To Be

10. Dear Marge

10 songs. 42 minutes.

Nov 10, 2010, 22:55

hito
hito
1745 posts

FAQ 2: please read the original post

My Return: They evolved before, continuously. So just say they went beyond your limits or what you're comfortable with. That's believable.

Me already:I had just had enough of Stereolab by that stage

My return: Some of us like the 8years since, maybe for a few even more.

Me already: Anyway, I know people like it and the purpose of this thread is not just to bag it.

My return:To stay around and dream it didn't exist..ha Too laughable. :P

me already: · I haven’t given them a real go

Now it is the last point that leads me to post this post. Perhaps I just need to be led to the gold. Maybe I get put off ... there is something subtle like “nought more terrific than man” just waiting to be found.

Now I really am approaching this with an open mind. I am here at the forum because I love Stereolab but I just want to be won over with their later efforts.

Me now:
Please stop complaining.

For those cranky and precious Heathers who struggle with extended preambles, just imagine I asked you to name your top ten Stereolab songs since the end of 2002 for no reason other than to hear your selection. Give it a go, if you like.

Nov 11, 2010, 01:24

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: FAQ 2: please read the original post

There's only a struggle if you want there to be. You either like something or you don't- no real persuasion needed. Yes, it's sort of that simple. :)

Nov 11, 2010, 01:48

mikka000
1083 posts

for me, sound-dust was the last studio album the lab i totally embraced. ME is OK and it's downhill from there for me. I only like about 3 or 4 tracks off FFS (Interlock is great), 3 or 4 from CC (Cellulose Sunshine is my pick from that album) and well... none from NM. for me. Their consistency has just gone. Of recent years, Refried Ectoplasm has become the 'lab record I return to again and again and that's only a comp lol.

Nov 11, 2010, 02:02

Martian
Martian
328 posts

Theory: Sophomoric Pivital

Name any group that has released better albums than their sophomoric albums, or the albums that followed that.

Let's use the Smiths as a gauge:

1) The Smiths (debut)
eeeh, pretty great.
2) Meat is Murder
Amazing
3) The Queen is Dead
Their best album.
4) Strangeways Here We Come
ehhh

Apply the same arch to all other groups and with relatively few exceptions, once they peak, they peak.

Cybele

Nov 11, 2010, 02:17

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: FAQ 2: please read the original post

hito wrote:
My Return: They evolved before, continuously. So just say they went beyond your limits or what you're comfortable with. That's believable.

Me already:I had just had enough of Stereolab by that stage

My return: Some of us like the 8years since, maybe for a few even more.

Me already: Anyway, I know people like it and the purpose of this thread is not just to bag it.

My return:To stay around and dream it didn't exist..ha Too laughable. :P

me already: · I haven’t given them a real go

Hey - if you answered everything in your first post, why bother listening to anyone? If you came to have a discussion, discuss, if you came to be condescending and pedantic, keep on going. If you just wanted a list of top 10 post Sound Dust songs, just ask for it directly.

Nov 11, 2010, 04:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Theory: Sophomoric Pivital

Stereolab

Nov 11, 2010, 05:39

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index