Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Joao Donato "A Bad Donato" - Dots and Loops of 1971?
71 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

Re: Joao Donato

cyberpainter wrote:
Joyce's Clareana (youtube link in my sooth the savage beast thread) just is so stuck in my head. So not sure how I'll like them, but starting with:
Nelson Angelo e Joyce (1972) and
Joyce, Nana Vasconcelos, & Mauricio Maestro- Visions Of Dawn (1976)

She's such a good guitar player too.

I have been listening to Joyce a hell of a lot since velvetwater's recommendation (thanks again vw!!)

"Nelson Angelo e Joyce" is truly wonderful, "Visions of Dawn" I wasn't as mad about. I give my highest recommendations to "Passarinho Urbano", "Feminina", "Astronauta: Songs of Elis" (but then I am crazy about Elis Regina), and a more recent one "Delirios de Orfeu". I haven't yet listened extensively to any other albums enough to comment on those.

But yeah, can't go wrong really. This is one talented lady! I even felt moved to make a little slideshow tribute on youtube a few weeks ago, the last minute in particular of this track is just wonderful imho:

Feb 14, 2011, 20:05

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: