Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
wikileaks.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

calapia wrote:
hito wrote:

The potential unrest worldwide that may arise from other countries knowing the rotten attitudes of some people would appear to be a short term loss for what would be a long term gain.

There's only millions that will lose their jobs, their homes, right?

That is a pretty glib, straw man response to a considered post.

So here is one in return: would you be willing to have your family murdered and the murders whitewashed so that millions would not lose their homes?

Blah blah blah blah

Please engage in serious debate

Dec 04, 2010, 12:29

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

hito wrote:
calapia wrote:
hito wrote:

The potential unrest worldwide that may arise from other countries knowing the rotten attitudes of some people would appear to be a short term loss for what would be a long term gain.

There's only millions that will lose their jobs, their homes, right?

That is a pretty glib, straw man response to a considered post.

So here is one in return: would you be willing to have your family murdered and the murders whitewashed so that millions would not lose their homes?

Blah blah blah blah

Please engage in serious debate

Watch out calapia, you better have quality responses if you disagree. Your opinions only count if you write at least three long paragraphs! ;) <= WINK

Dec 04, 2010, 18:00

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Honestly, I'm not interested in having a debate with you. Serious, silly, farcical, bleak, whatever. I think that your reasoning is desperately idealistic, utopian, and unreal; I don't even agree enough with the basis of your argument to feel that it's going to be anything other than name calling and bullying.

Dec 04, 2010, 19:45

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Break it up. Break it up.

Dec 04, 2010, 22:30

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Wikileaks aren't doing the actual leaking, right? They're just the conduit. Let's not shoot the messenger.

The actual content is a journo's wet dream, so it seems. Most of everybody else couldn't really care less, so it seems.

Dec 04, 2010, 22:56

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5913 posts

People in this country are pretty interested in this topic I think. I'm not exactly sure where I stand on it. I do think that some people might be naive on both sides, one side thinking the press is always biased and kowtowing to the government, the other side thinking we need to protect all government secrets for security.

Dec 05, 2010, 00:36

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

The British media have picked up on a few things said by Americans that embarrass the British Army and/or politicians. Even the serious news outlets!

Dec 05, 2010, 00:54

hito
hito
1745 posts

calapia wrote:
Honestly, I'm not interested in having a debate with you. Serious, silly, farcical, bleak, whatever.

Then don't say anything

calapia wrote:
I think that your reasoning is desperately idealistic, utopian, and unreal;

And then - despite your opening remarks - you proceed to argue (although to your credit, you don't actually make a point, just use persuasive techniques)

calapia wrote:
I don't even agree enough with the basis of your argument to feel that it's going to be anything other than name calling and bullying.

Nice work: Make a smartarse remark, get slapped down then reply with a grammatcially shoddy sentence that accuses me of bullying and name calling when I did nothing of the sort.

Honestly, you can have a meaningful discussion without dragging it into the gutter with rhetorical questions.

Dec 05, 2010, 07:21

Dara
Dara
905 posts

hito wrote:
Nice work: Make a smartarse remark, get slapped down then reply with a grammatcially shoddy sentence that accuses me of bullying and name calling when I did nothing of the sort.

sorry - but...

hito wrote:
straw man

...is that not name calling then?

Dec 06, 2010, 02:12

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

This forum is filled with egotistic pricks. We all are :)

Dec 06, 2010, 02:52

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index