Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
wikileaks.
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Dara wrote:
Like some others here I find your attitude irksome. You are arrogant, bad mannered and supercilious. You have the image of a yobbish and opinionated immature narcissist. Resorting to name calling when people take you to task is a perfect example of this - 'precious heathers indeed'.


I assume you can see the irony of this section of your post. I hope you can also see that the “heathers” tag is not simply slagging people in the way that “complete and utter asshole is”. The fact is that you and cyberpainter have teamed up on me like the girls in Heathers. You employ classic bullying tactics such as refusing to acknowledge the validity of any aspect of my argument (e.g. straw man), saying “others” don’t like me to validate your attack and spewing forth a tirade of abuse.

Dara wrote:
Your opinion is valid and very welcome on here as a stimulus to free debate as is everyone else's. But remember it is just that - an opinion. To infer that people are idiots because they have not read your posts completely, or followed your opinion assiduously as THE definitive view on world politics or whatever else, or watched and commented in agreement with your comments on a stolen military intelligence filmclip - is so arrogant, it just makes you sound like a complete and utter asshole.


I have never called anyone an idiot. I don’t think people are “idiots”; they simply behave in ways that I don’t approve of or say things that I don’t agree with. I have never said that anyone must agree with me on a matter of opinion as it is not possible. Stating my opinion in a forthright manner does not make me arrogant or dismissive. If you can find evidence of me stating the others must agree with my opinion or else, please show me.
As for not reading my post then making an ill informed remark, yes, I do think that is bad form. If I don’t read your whole post then I may not get the whole picture. As Calapia inferred that I was advocating the loss of homes, I thought that was unfair. I do put time into my posts and expect a bit of respect in return. I could have just said “fuck off” to you for abusing me or ignoring your arguments until you acknowledged your error with the straw man comment. But you put time in to make this post and so I think that you deserve to be heard. I think simply posting things like QED is unfair and evasive. I think you know you have egg on your face because you cannot counter the valid and reasoned points that I have made. If I have ever avoided a point that you have made, please point it out and I would happily respond.

Dara wrote:
For what it's worth, I totally agree with what Prince Hassan of Jordan said - these leaks are insignificant - they only have power in the media if we give them power. President Ahmadinejad neutralised them brilliantly in one sentance - 'this is western propaganda designed to destroy the relations between muslim brothers'. The world community - media and politicians alike, are united in saying that this is nothing we didn't know or suspect anyway. The latest releases today detaling potential targets for terrorists in the USA are different - they actually put real lives in danger.

Assange is an arrogant, self aggrandising low standard journalist. Despite what his blindly fawning followers say, he has a lot to gain from being world famous. If no one reads what you write - you are not a journalist, or at least you are a very weak one. I think we will find out who he really is and what his motives really are in the coming years - that is if he himself, or someone else doesn't blow his head off first.


I have heard the theory that Assange is a stooge, pedalling disinformation on behalf of the US or somewhere else. I guess that is the problem with a secret society with spin and conspiracies. It is hard to tell what is real. Good point (asides from the aggression), it does make me think.

Dec 07, 2010, 01:27


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Cheeso wrote:
Nothing in that post makes you sound like any less of a condescending prick


I think Cheeso had it about right.

Dec 07, 2010, 01:37


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Give the guy a break, he's got Philosophy II in the morning, and wrote the post in a hurry.

Dec 07, 2010, 01:43


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Dara wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Nothing in that post makes you sound like any less of a condescending prick


I think Cheeso had it about right.


I am somewhat sorry I gave you the time of day. That really is nasty.

The day that agreeing with Cheeso calling someone a prick fills me with pleasure is the day I hope to shuffle off this mortal coil.

Dec 07, 2010, 01:50


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

calapia wrote:
Give the guy a break, he's got Philosophy II in the morning, and wrote the post in a hurry.


Is there something wrong with Philosophy II? Do you dislike people who study Philosophy?

Dec 07, 2010, 01:55


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

calapia
calapia
252 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Sorry, I meant to say Pedanticism II

Dec 07, 2010, 01:59


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: wikileaks.

hito wrote:
Dara wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Nothing in that post makes you sound like any less of a condescending prick


I think Cheeso had it about right.


I am somewhat sorry I gave you the time of day. That really is nasty.

The day that agreeing with Cheeso calling someone a prick fills me with pleasure is the day I hope to shuffle off this mortal coil.


But before you do that, you should probably get over yourself.

Dec 07, 2010, 02:19


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Had to laugh at this comment.

Often here the debates get so dryly academic and are loaded with abstract, schoolboy political idealism.

Sometimes it's great just to see a spade called a spade

Dec 07, 2010, 02:25


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

Cheeso wrote:
hito wrote:
Dara wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Nothing in that post makes you sound like any less of a condescending prick


I think Cheeso had it about right.


I am somewhat sorry I gave you the time of day. That really is nasty.

The day that agreeing with Cheeso calling someone a prick fills me with pleasure is the day I hope to shuffle off this mortal coil.


But before you do that, you should probably get over yourself.


Before I die I should get over myself? Before I agree with you I should get over myself?
I concede, I cannot discuss anything with your gang. You have all decided that attacking me is more important than getting along or focusing on what is said. Using the microcosm of this forum as an example, your behaviour shows a nasty pack mentality that is the reason why peace is very hard to achieve. Your bunch really behave viciously sometimes. I hope you are better in your private lives.
Count me out.

Dec 07, 2010, 02:45


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: wikileaks.

vivakomeda wrote:
Had to laugh at this comment.

Often here the debates get so dryly academic and are loaded with abstract, schoolboy political idealism.

Sometimes it's great just to see a spade called a spade


What is the spade in this case? An idealist? An academic? A schoolboy? Are these people so awful? Are pragmatists better? Are uneducated people better? Are older people better?

Last one

Dec 07, 2010, 02:49

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index