Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best albums of 2010
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Best albums of 2010

This Panabrite individual (?) did something unique this year, really far ahead of its time.

Dec 31, 2010, 22:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Thanks Kazak. Did you have a list in here?

Dec 31, 2010, 22:26

k.
k.
407 posts

Durr, yes, sorry, hidden in reply-chain I tend to ignore these days.

Dec 31, 2010, 22:26

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

i just heard this

Jan 02, 2011, 02:14

hito
hito
1745 posts

k. wrote:
This Panabrite individual (?) did something unique this year, really far ahead of its time.

You know i checked out your list
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Karel/best_of_2010/

then gave panabrite a listen on myspace (it was your number one). I really liked it so tried to buy it as a download. Could not find it anywhere (I don't use itunes).

I could buy cassettes. Who wants cassettes? That record label is ridiculous for more reasons than selling C60 tapes.

Eventually found an illegal copy on megaupload.

I have said it before. Artists should sell their own downloads for ten bucks a pop.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up

Jan 02, 2011, 14:32

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

"fuck you and fuck her too"

I love the energy of this song.

"Bright Lights, Bigger City" is also pretty fun. He samples "Billie Jean" in it.

Jan 02, 2011, 19:04

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

I'm gonna have to check out that album.

Jan 02, 2011, 20:07

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

hito wrote:
k. wrote:

You know i checked out your list
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Karel/best_of_2010/

then gave panabrite a listen on myspace (it was your number one). I really liked it so tried to buy it as a download. Could not find it anywhere (I don't use itunes).

I could buy cassettes. Who wants cassettes? That record label is ridiculous for more reasons than selling C60 tapes.

Eventually found an illegal copy on megaupload.

I have said it before. Artists should sell their own downloads for ten bucks a pop.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up

I think there may be another release of that album later. Glad you like his music!

Jan 02, 2011, 20:55

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Cee Lo was on Jools Holland's Hootanannay this year (a quaint parochial Brit TV series on the BBC) and was fantastic - he really has a great voice and he is a really cool dude to boot!.

At first I thought he was related to the great Rev. Al Green - he has a similar register and rich tone to his voice - but it appears not to be so.

This song (Fuck You) was one of the best mainstream songs I heard this year...

Jan 02, 2011, 22:50

hito
hito
1745 posts

It's good and has led to a bonanza.

The download I had, had the name "Lunar Atrium" in the comment section of the file info. When looking for more, I came across this site:

http://lunaratrium.blogspot.com/

Now I cannot exactly work it out but it appears that this site is run by Panabrite or some Japanese guy (Oyaji San - Oyaji meaning parent / father and San being the polite phrase used to refer to someone else).

Anyway, he has ripped heaps of old electronic records and upped them on sites like mediafire and megaupload. I assume some people here know about it (k.?) but if you into old electronic type stuff then get on board.

This site:

http://hobocult.blogspot.com/

also has a couple of samplers available

Jan 03, 2011, 14:12

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index