Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Best albums of 2010
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: Best albums of 2010

hito wrote:
It's good and has led to a bonanza.

The download I had, had the name "Lunar Atrium" in the comment section of the file info. When looking for more, I came across this site:

http://lunaratrium.blogspot.com/

Now I cannot exactly work it out but it appears that this site is run by Panabrite or some Japanese guy (Oyaji San - Oyaji meaning parent / father and San being the polite phrase used to refer to someone else).

Anyway, he has ripped heaps of old electronic records and upped them on sites like mediafire and megaupload. I assume some people here know about it (k.?) but if you into old electronic type stuff then get on board.

This site:

http://hobocult.blogspot.com/

also has a couple of samplers available

It's our own forumite archigram/panabrite.

Jan 03, 2011, 16:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

He's informed countless thousands over the years. You can try to keep up with him, but eventually you'll lose his trail in outer space.

Jan 03, 2011, 18:02

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

hito wrote:
It's good and has led to a bonanza.

The download I had, had the name "Lunar Atrium" in the comment section of the file info. When looking for more, I came across this site:

http://lunaratrium.blogspot.com/

Now I cannot exactly work it out but it appears that this site is run by Panabrite or some Japanese guy (Oyaji San - Oyaji meaning parent / father and San being the polite phrase used to refer to someone else).

Anyway, he has ripped heaps of old electronic records and upped them on sites like mediafire and megaupload. I assume some people here know about it (k.?) but if you into old electronic type stuff then get on board.

This site:

http://hobocult.blogspot.com/

also has a couple of samplers available

cyberpainter wrote:

It's our own forumite archigram/panabrite.

So Archigram is Panabrite? Nice work chap, I am digging the bits I have heard of "Contemplating the Observatory" so far....very "kosmische"!

Incidentally, the "hobocult" label has nothing to do with me :P

Jan 03, 2011, 18:26

calapia
calapia
252 posts

No, Archigram is NOT Panabrite. Panabrite is a super computer located in the bowels of the earth, approximately 22 miles beneath the surface near Micronesia. He has created 22,567 monikers on different websites which he uses to cleverly "befriend" people on the board, get them into his weird tastes, and then unsuspectingly delivers his own logarithmic abstractions to them unknowingly. I have fallen for his shennanigans once, and I'll be damned if I fall for them again.

Jan 04, 2011, 02:07

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Thanks guys! ;) Yep, Panabrite is moi! Lots more to come in 2011, including quite possibly a vinyl release and some CDs (if everything works out)...

Lunar Atrium is my blog, but it was also the name of the "label" that I put on a couple of early, self-released cdrs, including "Contemplating...". Not sure why/how it showed up on the mp3 tags...? I guess it's silly to name my record-rip/music sharing blog after my fake record label. ;)

Jan 04, 2011, 02:12

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

calapia wrote:
No, Archigram is NOT Panabrite. Panabrite is a super computer located in the bowels of the earth, approximately 22 miles beneath the surface near Micronesia. He has created 22,567 monikers on different websites which he uses to cleverly "befriend" people on the board, get them into his weird tastes, and then unsuspectingly delivers his own logarithmic abstractions to them unknowingly. I have fallen for his shennanigans once, and I'll be damned if I fall for them again.

Exactly. Who's to say I'm not really Calapia?
All I can say is... BUDDY COP SHREDZ

Jan 04, 2011, 02:15

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Stereolab - Not Music
Laetitia Sadier - The Trip
Beach House - Teen Dream
Ballake Sissoko and Vincent Segal - Chamber Music
Field Music - Measure
Ralfe Band - Bunny & The Bull soundtrack
National Trust - The Album: Time To Think
Ali and Toumani - Toumani Diabate and Ali Farka Toure

and The Books - The Way Out

Jan 13, 2011, 16:39

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1218 posts

Since no one has mentioned Four Tet yet, I feel obligated to point out that everything that man touches is fucking magical.

He's got a bunch of good free stuff up on SoundCloud:
http://soundcloud.com/four-tet/live-at-lpr-nyc-17th-feb-2010

Jan 14, 2011, 04:17

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Jan 16, 2011, 08:09

bassRelex
bassRelex
43 posts

bump

Feb 03, 2011, 04:52

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index