Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab book?!
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

YZeltil
YZeltil
13 posts

Stereolab book?!

I accidentally found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereolab-Members-Hansen-Laetitia-Sadier/dp/1158487096/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
Is this really a book about or by Stereolab? I never heard of it. Am I the only one?

Dec 09, 2010, 16:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: Stereolab book?!

this is really bizarre. I've not heard of it either.

I wonder what this consists of?

Dec 09, 2010, 16:47

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Books Llc

YZeltil wrote:
I accidentally found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereolab-Members-Hansen-Laetitia-Sadier/dp/1158487096/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt
Is this really a book about or by Stereolab? I never heard of it. Am I the only one?

Be cautious!
If you click the author's link and look at what else they put out, it appears that they may just be trying to cash in on info that's already widely available on the Internet.

Check out the reviews for this one, where it seems they just printed out some Wikipedia entries:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abandoned-British-Military-Projects-Audacious/dp/1155840488/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291913517&sr=1-11

Dec 09, 2010, 16:54

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Re: Books Llc

shameful!

Dec 09, 2010, 16:57

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

I sincerely hope all the Stereolab fans prove me wrong on a sucker being born every minute. Shame on all shams!

Dec 09, 2010, 20:13

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

it's only 24 pages.

Dec 09, 2010, 21:45

Simontreal
Simontreal
33 posts

I saw it for other bands. It is only the wikipedia page divided in more pages...

Dec 09, 2010, 21:57

GaryB2
GaryB2
2329 posts

I wonder if Julian did the artwork.

Dec 09, 2010, 22:00

vega
vega
492 posts

Gee - I never realized Monade was a member of Stereolab...

Dec 09, 2010, 22:17

vega
vega
492 posts

That guy ought to be reported to Amazon. Looks like a bot that trawls through wiki and then automatically makes a 'book', then uploads the ad to Amazon. Total rip off!

Dec 09, 2010, 22:20

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index