Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
yet another stereolab origins
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Re: yet another stereolab origins

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Grooveshark

Great site, totally flew under my radar! *eyes open now*

Dec 30, 2010, 02:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:

Farewell Aldebaran is an album that's been vaguely on my wish list for about four decades, since I heard it at a friend's place all those years ago. I've never been able to track down a copy, but listening to it now on Grooveshark. Odd, but really good album. Will try and get hold of it properly now. Thanks for reminding me about it.

I like it very much.
If you are interested I have an original Canadian first pressing on vinyl that I was planning to sell on Ebay.
It has a gatefold cover and it is in VG+ (cover) /EX (vinyl) condition.
If you give me your email address I will send you a scan and you can make me an offer. Please bear in mind that it is a reasonably rare item.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=farewell+aldebaran&incldescr=&sortord=&thumbs=&currsel=

Dec 30, 2010, 11:19

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

seveninches wrote:

Very interesting as usual.

Dec 30, 2010, 11:23

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

velvetwater wrote:

I like it very much.
If you are interested I have an original Canadian first pressing on vinyl that I was planning to sell on Ebay.
It has a gatefold cover and it is in VG+ (cover) /EX (vinyl) condition.
If you give me your email address I will send you a scan and you can make me an offer. Please bear in mind that it is a reasonably rare item.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=farewell+aldebaran&incldescr=&sortord=&thumbs=&currsel=

Hi VW,
I would have probably been extremely tempted by this a few years back, but I no longer have a turntable and all my lovely vinyl went off to various second-hand/charity shops a few years back (it was actually quite a relief to clear it all out). Thanks for the offer, but I'll track it down on CD or download. Have listened a couple of times and need to have it now.

Out of interest, do you have Rosebud? I had the track 'Panama' on a sampler album and really liked it, but never heard the rest of the album...

Dec 30, 2010, 11:33

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

corporalclegg wrote:
Harold Bissonette wrote:
Grooveshark

Great site, totally flew under my radar! *eyes open now*

Grooveshark good, yes - I'm often surprised by how much obscure stuff they have. Spotify also good (only available certain parts of Europe), although you have to put up with annoying adverts.

Dec 30, 2010, 12:07

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:

Hi VW,
I would have probably been extremely tempted by this a few years back, but I no longer have a turntable and all my lovely vinyl went off to various second-hand/charity shops a few years back (it was actually quite a relief to clear it all out). Thanks for the offer, but I'll track it down on CD or download. Have listened a couple of times and need to have it now.

Out of interest, do you have Rosebud? I had the track 'Panama' on a sampler album and really liked it, but never heard the rest of the album...

I understand. To an extent it would be a relief for me to stop collecting and to get rid of everything, but it seems somehow silly that I got this far just to give it all up!
I have listened to ROSEBUD, but I didn't like it much. There are a couple of good songs with Judy's lead vocals but not much else. It is completely different from the FAREWELL ALDEBARAN lp.
You can listen to it on Spotify. I couldn't find it at first as it was inserted inside another folder by a band called Rosebud as well.
Search by artist for "rosebud" and go inside their self-titled 2005 album: you will see 2 albums in it, the second being the one you want.

Dec 30, 2010, 16:59

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index