Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What are you listening to right now?
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: What are you listening to right now?

that odd little bowie break record. circa 1997

May 09, 2011, 01:28

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

I guess you mean the "Earthling" album, I thought that was one of the best Bowie had done for ages when it first came out, does it sound dated to you now?? or does it still hold up, regards Joe.

May 09, 2011, 02:09

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Miles Davis: Workin' 1956. It's great!

May 09, 2011, 02:23

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Charlie Mingus: The Black Saint and the Sinner Lady.

May 10, 2011, 00:06

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

lereostab wrote:
I guess you mean the "Earthling" album, I thought that was one of the best Bowie had done for ages when it first came out, does it sound dated to you now?? or does it still hold up, regards Joe.

I think breaks are coming back. They have made some very important appearances on records in the last year. What i found more noticeable this time around after not having listened to it in many years was his harmonization with what appears to be himself. its well executed.

that and his obsession with sexual dysfunction.

It didnt feel dated to me, but others i'm sure would disagree.

May 10, 2011, 02:16

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Right, I'm too curious now, I'm going to dig it out for a listen, I think I've got it somewhere, cheers Joe.

May 10, 2011, 04:48

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Got to listening to Iron Butterfly while listening to The Soundcarriers because thought I heard something in the music that was shared, but I guess not after inspection. Found this little tid bit. It was fun trying to see how many of the women I could identify. A couple of you guys might enjoy this. The mirage starts at about 1:07 into the video. These may be the apparitions from the transition sequence between each actress, but looks like these gals are in there:
Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Sheryl Crow, Kristen Dunst, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Evangeline Lilly, Jennifer Lopez, Jeri Ryan, Kimberly Williams

May 10, 2011, 19:24

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

jauntymonty wrote:
Got to listening to Iron Butterfly while listening to The Soundcarriers because thought I heard something in the music that was shared, but I guess not after inspection. Found this little tid bit. It was fun trying to see how many of the women I could identify. A couple of you guys might enjoy this. The mirage starts at about 1:07 into the video. These may be the apparitions from the transition sequence between each actress, but looks like these gals are in there:
Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Sheryl Crow, Kristen Dunst, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Evangeline Lilly, Jennifer Lopez, Jeri Ryan, Kimberly Williams

The transitions are so smooth because the proportions of their features are very similar.

May 10, 2011, 19:39

GaryB2
GaryB2
2327 posts

Hot Rats!

May 10, 2011, 19:49

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Perverted by Language

May 11, 2011, 21:32

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index