Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
mellow Broadcast
59 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Re: mellow Broadcast

vivakomeda wrote:
I do like those melodic tracks, but ultimately my favorite songs of theirs are the ones that marry the atmosphere of the music with the vocal.

Echo's Answer
Papercuts
The World Backwards
Look Outside
Illumination
Still Feels Like Tears
Unchanging Window

etc.

Then you look at a song like Corporeal. Keenan's vocal is as good on that song as any I've heard, and in fact it might be my single favourite Broadcast track. But can you imagine anyone else singing that song? I think the music/melody is pretty simple fare, and the instrumentation is nothing special. Thankfully the album version goes light on all those loud electronic sounds until the song's latter parts - when I saw them live last month it completely overwhelmed the song and the singer.

Point is, Keenan is what makes Broadcast go. It's at their peril that they've moved away from simple arrangements built around the vocal to these experimental noise collages.

However I think it's partly Keenan's doing, the direction they've taken now.

I have to listen to an interview posted on the Broadcast board before I pass judgment, but apparently House is going to be involved in their upcoming album too. Which doesn't thrill me.

Jan 04, 2011, 03:54

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: