Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Recent Purchases/Acquisitions?
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Recent Purchases/Acquisitions?

Dark Was The Night
100 Second Dash Vol. 2
Morrissey, Years of Refusal
Arvo Part, In Principio
Woody Allen, The Nightclub Years

...haven't bought much lately.

Mar 27, 2009, 15:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

tiredlight
152 posts

Got new boots

Mar 31, 2009, 10:58

tiredlight
152 posts

Forgive me, I have new boots.

Mar 31, 2009, 10:59

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Cha dacante- donato e seu conjunto
ravel- daphnis et chloe/bolero
berlioz- symphonie fantastique
messiaen- quartet for the end of time
kagel- a mess of noise
holst-walt whitman overture

Apr 10, 2009, 21:12

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: baby needs a new pair of boots

tiredlight wrote:
Got new boots

*shaking dice* Baby needs a new pair of... bootlegs? ;)

I sure miss the days where I could go to a CD/Record convention at a Holiday Inn and have all these $15-20 bootlegs to choose from, many were soundboard quality by KTS (Kiss the Stone)... until the FBI raided the conventions years ago and now they suck.

After buying up everything by Blondie or Velvet Underground official release for instance, getting bootlegs was a special treat that I miss. Sure, there's still some around, but not like before. :(

Apr 10, 2009, 21:21

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

Tom Waits - Closing Time
Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle
Monks - Black Monk Time
Parliament - Up for the Down Stroke
Bat for Lashes - Two Suns
Akron/Family - Set Em Wild, Set Em Free
Frank Zappa - Fillmore East, June 1971
Charles Mingus - Mingus Dynasty

Apr 30, 2009, 23:32

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

The Monks

allyourrushingwaves wrote:
Monks - Black Monk Time

The Monks album is groovy!

I went to see a screening of a documentary about them at an "artsy" cinema a couple of months ago as part of some festival, but the fecker was sold out! Has anybody seen this? Was it good?

May 01, 2009, 16:45

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: The Monks

Hobobachang wrote:
Has anybody seen this? Was it good?

Yes, I saw it and, yea, it was really good. You probably know the story of the band, right? They were four ex military men from the US who decided to start a rock band in Germany after they were let out of the military. I was interested to learn that they hired a couple German art students as their "manager"/image consultant, which is why they had the whole weird monk haircuts and the all black wardrobe. Apparently the bands image was all planned to the last detail by german art students! Hehe.

May 01, 2009, 20:06

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
You probably know the story of the band, right? They were four ex military men from the US who decided to start a rock band in Germany after they were let out of the military. I was interested to learn that they hired a couple German art students as their "manager"/image consultant, which is why they had the whole weird monk haircuts and the all black wardrobe. Apparently the bands image was all planned to the last detail by german art students! Hehe.

I knew they were ex US army based in Germany and had some crazy haircuts / get-ups (with the nooses for ties and whatnot), but not that part....interesting! The results were certainally pretty "out there" anyway:

Good stuff!

May 01, 2009, 20:36

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

the album is awesome, yeah. picked up the 2008 Polydor issue. I first heard about them on a krautrock show on triple J back around 2002.

May 01, 2009, 23:14

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index