Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Trish seriously ill?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

actually...

Her comment was even worse (ie in that it's so casual):

"sorry all future gigs are cancelled"

Bizarre...

Jan 13, 2011, 22:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Trish seriously ill?

This is one of the downsides of the Internet. You get these very public discussions on private matters, and some well meaning knob with a poor grasp of English gets lambasted for a dumb comment. Well the real dummy here is the person that announced it on Facebook. Wtf, what a tool.

This is a family matter, surely?

Jan 13, 2011, 22:57

vivakomeda
744 posts

I don't know. On one hand I know what you mean, but on the other if someone told me that crystal summers had just posted additional comments I'd click over there in half a second.

Jan 14, 2011, 00:09

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

This:

"[Manager] Martin [Pike] says that he can confirm that Trish is in hospital and very ill with pneumonia currently," they said. "At this time, please respect the privacy of the band and the family and when there is any more news he will be sure to update fans."

http://www.nme.com/news/broadcast/54558

Jan 14, 2011, 00:20

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
The comment that really threw me was her response to some guy's query about future gigs. (Paraphrasing) "Don't you get it, all future shows are cancelled". Such a strange thing to say.

it was really strange, and had me convinced it was fake. i wish it were. we've had a lot of crazy trolling over the years, so i was slow to believe it was authentic.

its just so sad. even though i only briefly met her once, i feel like she is a close friend. i was going about my business today without much enthusiasm.

Jan 14, 2011, 00:21

vivakomeda
744 posts

Sure, but we (fans) have time and emotion invested in her. I don't fault anyone for wanting to know what's going on...

(within reason of course, calling the hospital or that sort of thing would be a step too far)

Jan 14, 2011, 00:32

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Sure, but we (fans) have time and emotion invested in her. I don't fault anyone for wanting to know what's going on..

Absolutely. It just feels wrong when Facebook/Social Media is the medium that is used.....on a fan-site, that just causes (caused) disbelief and mayhem . A message from the family, thru Pikey, and onto PF or NME would've been more suitable.

I wish her well.

PS - I've never heard of anybody needing an operation due to contracting swine-flu (or pneumonia?? [my g/f had pneumonia]). I'm not sure we've got the full story yet.

Jan 14, 2011, 00:40

vivakomeda
744 posts

Very tempted to speculate - knowing what I do about Thailand - but the reality is we don't really know ANYTHING here so it'd be a waste of time. I wouldn't hang my hat on H1N1, Pneumonia or anything at this stage.

All I can say is that she looked and sounded perfect when we saw her in Brisbane last month.

Jan 14, 2011, 00:44

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Whatever it is, let's hope she pulls through. We've already lost one Angel...we're NOT going to lose another!!!

Jan 14, 2011, 00:52

vivakomeda
744 posts

On your broader point...

I'm inclined to agree with you, but I've known people who seem comfortable with facebook as a personal outlet. A friend of mine lost her aunt and went on and on about it for days for all to see... I thought it was in horrible taste, but on reflection if it makes her feel better then who am I to say that?

You're certainly correct that it doesn't "feel" right, though, and I'm sure in this case nobody was happy with this person's comments being thrown out there like that.

Jan 14, 2011, 00:53

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index