Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Trish seriously ill?
86 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: pneumonia

GaryB2 wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
GaryB2 wrote:

PS - I've never heard of anybody needing an operation due to contracting swine-flu (or pneumonia?? [my g/f had pneumonia]). I'm not sure we've got the full story yet.

i've had pneumonia twice, and it is pretty serious. was hospitalized for a week + both times. they talked about doing surgery with me both times, but it wasn't needed. what happens is that there is so much mucus build-up that they have to remove it surgically or you could drown in it. from my poor understanding anyway....

Oh man, that sounds terrible. My g/f had months of mucus coming up. Her mum would massage/hit her on her back to help the mucus on it's way. Her lung function seems impaired to this day (14 years hence).

its pretty bad. the doctor told me as a result of my pneumonia one of my lungs operates at about 75% of how it should normally. Trish could be in for a long recovery, i hope she has that chance.

Jan 14, 2011, 03:24

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: