Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Trish Keenan Tributes
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jorbel
329 posts

Re: Trish Keenan Tributes

jauntymonty wrote:
mirtchevman wrote:
the wire interview from october '09.

http://www.thewire.co.uk/articles/3069/

We are not on the earth, the earth is in us. Her thoughts require more inspection. She is in tune with that otherness that few understand. I can't except that life and death is a light switch or that a god exists either. There is something else.

<3

Jan 17, 2011, 00:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Seems she was an explorer of dreamscapes. Her thought process functioned at an abstract level. This is what made her work so unique and so...

Jan 17, 2011, 01:14

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Right, that uses the footage, but where is the original video that Trish made, anyone? It was too good! I remember thinking it was very Lynchian. Somebody must have captured this?!!

Jan 17, 2011, 03:35

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Live video from 2003. Notice the film behind which says hallucinogens and LSD at one point... Nice mellow jam at the end. I love this song so much.

thats a great song. one of the things i loved about them was their willingness to embrace psychedelics as an influence. it was obvious in their music, but i'm glad they never tried to hide it or be p.c. it was refreshing. of course they were about much much more than that.

It was refreshing in the way they conveyed the sound of the 60s.

Jan 17, 2011, 05:14

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

This just might be Trish's youtube channel. A thread a long time ago associated this one with an upload of the black cat video that Trish made herself, which she later removed. It's only interesting in seeing what she may have been watching and liking. All very interesting stuff that looks like it could have been her taste. And I'm only speculating that it was hers.

I just feel this compelling need to delve into what I can find about Trish.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xeldah

Jan 17, 2011, 08:10

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

moonduck wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
Live video from 2003. Notice the film behind which says hallucinogens and LSD at one point... Nice mellow jam at the end. I love this song so much.

thats a great song. one of the things i loved about them was their willingness to embrace psychedelics as an influence. it was obvious in their music, but i'm glad they never tried to hide it or be p.c. it was refreshing. of course they were about much much more than that.

It was refreshing in the way they conveyed the sound of the 60s.

to paraphrase zeke from rym, broadcast was more 60's psych than ACTUAL 60's psych.

Jan 17, 2011, 09:08

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

A personal remembrance written by Antoine Bédard (Montag).

http://www.montag.ca/

Jan 17, 2011, 09:19

raygun
raygun
170 posts

I will remember her for the gentle presentation of her sweet mellow voice yet commanding our attention against the grinding fuzz of machine electric. Surely there is a message here on how to pursue our daily lives and approach the future.

Jan 17, 2011, 15:35

strakastruka
strakastruka
36 posts

have a look at my blog which i uploaded a half hour compilation of my favorite Broadcast's/Trish main influences.. http://bit.ly/h2CwKN

Jan 17, 2011, 16:33

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Jan 17, 2011, 20:12

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index