Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck
Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck

velvetwater wrote:

Would the introduction of a moderator be good for the forum?
Would that eliminate the threat of abusive, rude and even racist (yes it is sad but it has occurred) behavior?
Or would that compromise freedom of speech too much?

cyberpainter wrote:
Pikey has better things to do.

cyberpainter wrote:
DevastatorJr. wrote:
I'll never understand the urge some people have to censor others on a public forum or even ban them from speaking entirely. Isn't it simple enough to simply not read messages from those you find offensive, or is the idea that you don't want others to read them either?

Neither god nor master.

I agree.

After so many posts opposing any moderation, look who pops up on the Broadcast forum promising to act against offensive material.

http://www.broadcast.uk.net/index2.html

rules of luton wrote:

"Flagging"/deleting threads?

wow, isn't the new thread about trish keenan clever?

anyone any idea how/if it can be flagged/removed etc?

cyberpainter wrote:

I'll write to pikey.

Is it simple enough to simply not read messages from those you find offensive? Obviously not.

I think you owe velvetwater an apology for your hypocritically contrary opposition to his suggestion.

Jan 17, 2011, 22:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck

why is this necessary?

Jan 17, 2011, 22:55

JS
JS
489 posts

Hear hear! ;)

Excellent observation!

Jan 17, 2011, 23:09

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Offended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cycXuYzmzNg

Jan 17, 2011, 23:21

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

who cares.

Jan 18, 2011, 00:04

vivakomeda
744 posts

waxenpith wrote:
who cares.

seriously.

Jan 18, 2011, 02:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Is this apology request directed at me? There are levels to any discussion in a forum. To delete an extremely highly offensive post over there, which you probably did not see by the way, and I seem to remember had something to do with a highly offense sexual remark toward Trish, is very different from trying to police arguments on this forum. Some of the people who argue on here have been at it for years. Pikey hates dealing with that, he's indicated that to me in one of our many chats. Why are you trying to start an argument now? Nothing better to do?

Jan 18, 2011, 04:03

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

If you don't mind, I'd like to focus for a while on some respectful remembrances of Trish, who we all are grieving the loss of. I do not want to get into any arguments personally.

Jan 18, 2011, 04:09

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

No, it is absolutely imperative that you satisfy Hito's lust for affirmation by issuing an apology immediately!

;)

Jan 18, 2011, 14:05

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Hito, I think you need to take yourself more seriously, and don't even think about getting over yourself. You are definitely NOT a petty, condescending twat.

Jan 18, 2011, 18:48

Pages: 9 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index