Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck

hito wrote:

Is it simple enough to simply not read messages from those you find offensive? Obviously not.

Everyday's new to me. I don't hold grudges. There's people I've fought with. However, if they have a good topic I'll reply. I don't see why not.

Nothing makes someone more special than the next. In fact, sometimes when I sign it's the smallest topics that catch my eye.

Jan 18, 2011, 21:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Apologise

Cut the namedropping.
Cut the "Trish died so I am immune"
Apologise

In July, velvetwater suggested moderation and you and your mates attacked him. velevetwater was personally hammered by a stream of aggression. You did not offer any defence when velvetwater was being abused, in fact you offered support to those who attacked velvetwater. You agreed with devastatorjr that anyone offended by a message could just look away. Given what was said, that would have to include sexism, racism, verbal abuse, anything. You did not qualify.

Less than two months later, someone makes a sexual remark about someone not even using a forum (and she was not dead at this stage) and you contact "pikey" to have it removed.

This is a double standard.

Apologise to velvetwater.

Jan 18, 2011, 22:16

vivakomeda
746 posts

Re: Apologise

Dude, honestly - who gives a shit.

Jan 19, 2011, 00:12

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

vivakomeda wrote:
Dude, honestly - who gives a shit.

hito gives a big shit, in fact he or she shits all over this forum.

Jan 19, 2011, 00:33

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

No need to apologize to me: it would not change what I thought at the time and what I think now.
These behaviors will inevitably manifest themselves until there is a platform that allows it. And it is pointless to talk about anything the moment words become fists: then just meet in a field and indulge yourselves, why wasting your time writing!?
Plus, like I said in another post, I would add as follows:

This forum (and probably most of the others) is a great example of the inconsistency and of the hypocrisy of humans.
Why is it that the people who always get mad at the ones who criticize their thoughts are the same ones who are intolerant towards what the above ones think?
I have stopped "discussing" a long time ago. There is no point in doing that because it immediately becomes an argument.
I only comment on music related issues (and that means the actual notes, chords, arrangements and performances).
I wouldn't dare getting into a subject like Polanski ever again.
I may pay tribute to Trish but I would never indulge in a debate about her, especially now.
Everyone can do what they like, but I think that arguing about a recently dead person (friend, relative or celebrity, it doesn't make any difference) is disrespectful.
Please forgive me if for once I am not talking about music but I can't believe how absurd all this is.

Jan 19, 2011, 01:09

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
343 posts

If people truly don't give a shit. Then why are all the replies?
It is entertaining Hito, keep it up.

Jan 19, 2011, 01:42

MY RETURN
1963 posts

flatironsteak wrote:

This is amusing. Sometimes hito is over the top. Sometimes valid points are made. People raise their blood temp up either way (pointlessly). lol

Jan 19, 2011, 01:49

Dara
Dara
905 posts

bitching

flatironsteak wrote:

This is all so depressingly familiar. Whatever anyone thinks about the rights and wrongs of mourning people we have never met, or mass hysteria or forum moderation or whatever, the fact is, people who care about music are genuinely upset about the loss of Trish Keenan.

This and the Broadcast forum are fitting places to pay some kind of personal tribute, and I really think that language such as 'She wasn't dead then' is disrespectful however you look at it. For goodness sake this is a discussion board about MUSIC - it's not a court of law or the United Nations.

There have been times when Martin has considered whether or not it is worth continuing to host this forum due to the sometimes dreadful bitching that has occurred - and uderstandably so. He summed it up perfectly with the post below from a long time ago, when new visitors come to this forum it is not good that the first thing they read is some petty bickering about absolutely nothing:

martin wrote:

Hi Cheeso.

Thought I'd deleted all of them but that 114 thread has gone as well. I'm just fed up with this xxx/xxxxx/xx thing being dragged back to the Stereolab site. If everyone wants to bicker and attack each other then it should be done privately.

It annoys me that first time Stereolab fans come by the site and have to wade through all of this bitching.

If there are any other posts that I need to delete then let me know. I'm more than happy for you to share this message with the others.

Cheerio,
Martin

Jan 19, 2011, 02:06

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Go fuck yourself, Hito.

Seriously, go fuck yourself.

Jan 19, 2011, 02:17

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: Go fuck yourself, Hito.

martin wrote:
Hi Cheeso.

It annoys me that first time Stereolab fans come by the site and have to wade through all of this bitching.

If there are any other posts that I need to delete then let me know...

The same thing applies to your juvenile rants.

Jan 19, 2011, 02:31

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index