Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: Apologise

...velvetwater?

In all seriousness - I don't mean to be smug, and I can see what this guy and hito get at in their lengthy posts - but who cares anymore. Who cares.

Jan 19, 2011, 02:58

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: Go fuck yourself, Hito.

I have posted as 'Deedee' before, yes.

Jan 19, 2011, 02:58

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

My Return

Dara wrote:

The BIG shutdown. After all that horrendous stuff when Mary died. BOTE aka Beginning of the end aka MY RETURN posted some seriously offensive things

I remember that.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:00

k.
k.
407 posts

The stuff after Mary passed away resulted in the shutdown, and when it came back IPs were tracked and users had to be registered. Before that it was utter chaos with impostering.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:00

vivakomeda
744 posts

Right. I think there were a few temporary shutdowns for that kind of behaviour in addition to the two relaunches of the forum.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:03

k.
k.
407 posts

Yes. Honestly, I was slightly worried that some ugliness would happen in the current situation, based on past experience. I am an admin at a different forum, and ended up deleting a post taken by a grave-pisser in a Trish memorial thread. Some people take the opportunity to call attention to themselves with complete crudeness, kind of thing that if it wasn't "teh internetz", but at an actual funeral, dude would be on his arse and without any witnesses to support him.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:05

Dara
Dara
905 posts

yes, I think that was when the 'green screen' was created as a sort of 'Lifeboat' (or perhaps more appropriately 'lifeBOTE' ;o) for everyone who wanted to stay in touch 'BOTE-free'. But I was never invited to that unfortunately, and I'm not sure if it still going or not now.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:06

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Re: bitching

Dara wrote:
flatironsteak wrote:
If people truly don't give a shit. Then why are all the replies?
It is entertaining Hito, keep it up.

This is all so depressingly familiar. Whatever anyone thinks about the rights and wrongs of mourning people we have never met, or mass hysteria or forum moderation or whatever, the fact is, people who care about music are genuinely upset about the loss of Trish Keenan.

This and the Broadcast forum are fitting places to pay some kind of personal tribute, and I really think that language such as 'She wasn't dead then' is disrespectful however you look at it. For goodness sake this is a discussion board about MUSIC - it's not a court of law or the United Nations.

There have been times when Martin has considered whether or not it is worth continuing to host this forum due to the sometimes dreadful bitching that has occurred - and uderstandably so. He summed it up perfectly with the post below from a long time ago, when new visitors come to this forum it is not good that the first thing they read is some petty bickering about absolutely nothing:

martin wrote:

Hi Cheeso.

Thought I'd deleted all of them but that 114 thread has gone as well. I'm just fed up with this xxx/xxxxx/xx thing being dragged back to the Stereolab site. If everyone wants to bicker and attack each other then it should be done privately.

It annoys me that first time Stereolab fans come by the site and have to wade through all of this bitching.

If there are any other posts that I need to delete then let me know. I'm more than happy for you to share this message with the others.

Cheerio,
Martin

I don't know if you are disagreeing with me or not. However, by saying thing like 'who gives a crap' you are falling into his trap if you are already against his opinion, another brick to the wall to elevate his point.

By entertaining I mean he is certainly making a fool of himself here asking for justice. It would be more entertaining if actually got no reply from what he said.

I am not taking a side. I just find it funny to see how easily people contradict themselves. Oh yea that might make me a condescending prick according to some.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:12

k.
k.
407 posts

That was shutdown # 2, yes. The Green Screen is still going. Unfortunately our forum family -- and after hanging out online together for, gasp, about ten years, it's a "family" -- had more problems there, bote-free or not. But I hope that we can all get along during times like these, light a candle, sing kumbaya and laugh about ganoid krome or chococup or someshit.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:12

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Remember all that "Bongolia" stuff?

Crazy.

I remember a time even before all of that when you didn't even have to register to post. You just entered your screen name in a field and that's what it displayed.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:15

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index