Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Hypocrisy will eventually come unstuck
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vivakomeda
744 posts

Re: bitching

Flatiron, I think responding to his huge, petty, silly post with a comment like "who cares" basically accomplishes the same thing.

There were days when someone (possibly myself) would go to the trouble of a point-by-point rebuttal of this kind of thing. If someone did that here, I'd agree with you.

Instead, everyone's basically saying "get over it".

Jan 19, 2011, 03:17

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Go fuck yourself, Hito.

It was chaos. At first it was like a game, trying to determine whether the person posting was actually the person posting or someone pretending to be that person. But then someone impostered someone claiming they were going to commit suicide (was that Cheeso?), and it wasn't funny anymore.

I'm spacing, "bongolia"? Was that later?

Jan 19, 2011, 03:20

Dara
Dara
905 posts

Re: bitching

flatironsteak wrote:

by saying thing like 'who gives a crap' you are falling into his trap...

I know I am prone to the odd senior moment these days, but really I don't remember saying this even though I can appreciate the somewhat amusing rhyming syntax. I think there are rather too many clap trap crap traps on here at the moment.

I deliberately did not reply to Hito as I have found this to be utterly pointless in the past and like some others here I really feel the forum would be a much more enjoyable experience without his particular brand of pettiness, pendantry, arrogance and immaturity.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:23

MY RETURN
1963 posts

I haven't changed. The flames just cooled down and rationality for some crept in. lol I've had one name.

Prior to Trish, I had been saying I loved Mary. So when people throw in so-called hate they look foolish. Stop it.

I did say after a while I hope the band can pull together. Then the ground and almighty heavens split..People with nothing better to do ramped it up, much like they're doing now.

Look at the rhetoric. Hito isn't telling people to fuck themselves. I doubt they have to. Yet, someone who thinks they're better than him has the limited vocabulary.

If you don't like something ignore it. Or, speak your peice and move on. Bottomline.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:24

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Remember, "Bongolia" was a login that everyone knew the pass to so no one ever really knew who was posting. Some pretty wild things were said totally anonymously, you can imagine. I think that may have single handedly prompted the IP tracking.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:25

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

I was not an active lurker at the green forum so I can't say for sure how disrespectful the situation is now has become compared to the past. I certainly don't like the name calling game or group bullying here but you have to admit it sparks the forum in terms of participation.

I have never been highly attached to Broadcast but I am sad that a creative person with unique voice is gone like this. As a Stereolab fan though, I wish that one day this forum can get out of the mourning mode and talk about music again.

Jan 19, 2011, 03:27

k.
k.
407 posts

Oh a free-for-use user, heh. That sounds familiar. So many shenanigans...

Jan 19, 2011, 03:28

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Why are you lying, BOTE?

MY RETURN wrote:
lol I've had one name.

Everyone knows you are Beginningoftheend, why are you trying to lie about that?

MY RETURN wrote:
Yet, someone who thinks they're better than him has the limited vocabulary...speak your peice

lol

Jan 19, 2011, 03:32

MY RETURN
1963 posts

k. wrote:
Yes. Honestly, I was slightly worried that some ugliness would happen in the current situation, based on past experience. I am an admin at a different forum, and ended up deleting a post taken by a grave-pisser in a Trish memorial thread. Some people take the opportunity to call attention to themselves with complete crudeness, kind of thing that if it wasn't "teh internetz", but at an actual funeral, dude would be on his arse and without any witnesses to support him.

That's so true. It's always the wimps that scream the loudest or try to get our attention.

"Hey! Look at ME. I can be shocking or call out your name!"

Lmao ;)

Jan 19, 2011, 03:34

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: Why are you lying, BOTE?

I've never hid or denied anything. I was talking about for a frame of time. Try to keep up.

There. You got your reply for the night. Be happy. lol

Jan 19, 2011, 03:36

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index