Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
just silence for now.
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

just silence for now.

it's been a wonderfully endearing last few days, seeing all the tributes and articles that have been published from friends of trish and from people who have admired her over the years.

at the same time though, it's making it harder for me to cope w/ the loss. nothing, no matter how nicely articulated, can bring her back. she's gone and i still can't believe it...

i don't even want to listen to music.

just silence for now.

why am i taking this so hard??

Jan 18, 2011, 04:37

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: just silence for now.

mirtchevman wrote:
it's been a wonderfully endearing last few days, seeing all the tributes and articles that have been published from friends of trish and from people who have admired her over the years.

at the same time though, it's making it harder for me to cope w/ the loss. nothing, no matter how nicely articulated, can bring her back. she's gone and i still can't believe it...

i don't even want to listen to music.

just silence for now.

why am i taking this so hard??

it's a good thing, i know, but seeing her face on every music site just hurts way too much.

Jan 18, 2011, 04:42

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

I've been wanting to read everything I can, but at the same time I'm having trouble listening to her music and her voice. And the actual obituary I read really was too hard, to read the dates at the end, I almost lost it.

Jan 18, 2011, 04:44

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I don't blame you. it's still so fresh. I couldn't listen to anything on Friday, let alone Broadcast.

Jan 18, 2011, 05:02

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Hard time listening to them, try to ignore but slip a track in every once in a while. The most upsetting is still seeing the ads for the ATP shows they were scheduled to play this year.

Jan 18, 2011, 05:31

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Take time to reflect and re-energize. Try to channel this travesty into something positive for the precious life you have or that of a friend. Good night and peace be with you.

Jan 18, 2011, 05:49

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I've been wanting to read everything I can, but at the same time I'm having trouble listening to her music and her voice. And the actual obituary I read really was too hard, to read the dates at the end, I almost lost it.

i've been listening to them non-stop, everyone copes differently i guess. i did lose it.

Jan 18, 2011, 06:48

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Its very different for me. I can't stop listening to Broadcast and even listening to other music reminds me of Trish.

In guitar class today, we were learning Hallelujah, and it made me think that Trish knew the secret chord.

I've been on a steady diet of Broadcast since Ha Ha Sound. I listen to Broadcast more and more now. What greater way to honor her?

Jan 18, 2011, 06:48

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

Cheeso wrote:
Its very different for me. I can't stop listening to Broadcast and even listening to other music reminds me of Trish.

In guitar class today, we were learning Hallelujah, and it made me think that Trish knew the secret chord.

I've been on a steady diet of Broadcast since Ha Ha Sound. I listen to Broadcast more and more now. What greater way to honor her?

I've decided to learn a simple song- Living Room on guitar. The harmony at the end, just the ah, ah, ah sounds so pure to me.

Jan 18, 2011, 06:56

hito
hito
1745 posts

Well, it is sad.

I think the tributes in many ways are nice and help people cope but eventually we return to reality.

The fact is, that many people were pretty tough on Broadcast over the last year and that needs to be acknowledged in the tributes. I don't think people can whitewash her life or one's attitude to her after she dies. Although I am sad to see someone so vital and inspired die, I am happy with what she created for people to hear. I am also happy that I practised what I preached about her and don't have to regret that I said Broadcast was boring. I am pleased that funerals these days are not obsequious and dishonest and people are able to say what they like and dislike about the deceased. I think people should be comfortable saying whatever they like about Trish but honesty is the best option eventually.

It is perhaps a vital time to remember those lessons we always do when someone dies. Value what we have while it is there. Don't wait until someone dies to appreciate them.

I have a pretty existential attitude to life and so I know that Trish's life was what it was. It wasn't too short, it was just the life she lived. I love the life she lived and listen to her music as much as I ever did.

I can understand you not wanting to listen but that will change. Many of us miss Mary but we still love Sound Dust. She was not your friend or wife or sister, she was music. We need to be careful that we don't get all People's Princess and value a celebrity more than out own mothers.

All the best, Mitchervan

Jan 18, 2011, 13:29

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index