Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
just silence for now.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: just silence for now.

Get a job, BOTE. Stop being a welfare leech.

Jan 19, 2011, 21:49

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Sorry about that k. I thought you were being sarcastic. My mistake.

Jan 20, 2011, 12:50

hito
hito
1745 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
hito wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
hito wrote:
I think about the fact that people said they were boring on their last tour. I contrast that with the praise they get now.

do you realize that the people that were not too into the last album (not me, i loved it) are looking at their entire body of work and reflecting on the joy Broadcast provided over a decade?

Or is this too far over your head? Who are you to set the rules for how we are supposed to respond?

hito wrote:
I know people may have liked them overall and they have every right to dislike their later music.

hito wrote:
I thought about this, and that is what I wanted to talk about. I have not said anything up until this thread and so I probably had a lot to say. And I have a right to say it and you have a right to disagree.

Try reading first, unless that is too far over your head ;P

no shit, i was responding to that one line, thats why i quoted IT. do you get paid to sit here and overanalyse everything that is posted on this forum?

So you knew I said that people may have liked them overall and had every right to dislike their later music but still asked me whether I realised people were looking at their entire body of work?

And you knew that I said you have a right to disagree but still asked me why I was trying to set rules?

From where I stand, both of your questions were pointless as I had already answered them.

On the other hand, if you were indeed only responding to that one line (although you appear to have posted two), I hope you understand that you missed out on vital information by focusing on two sentences instead of the entire post. My response encouraged you to read the entire message so that you would not ask questions of me that I had already answered. You follow?
Furthermore, if you understand that you should have read the whole post, a more appropriate response might have been "Yes, I should have read that" as "no shit" (besides being coarse) suggests that you knew that you had made a mistake at the time of typing your questions but chose to do it anyway.

There is no need to attack me personally for responding to a point you made. I have made no attacks on you, I have not suggested that you get paid to use this forum. If we disagree on something, fine. I have not had any problems of note with you in the past so I would prefer that you did use this forum as an opportunity to abuse me.

Jan 20, 2011, 13:54

hito
hito
1745 posts

Cheeso wrote:
hito wrote:
Martin and James are not my friends so I am not going to send them a card or wish them well. They have never uttered a word to me.

Many people here have met Martin, and have had many discussions with him on and off-line. Maybe not the point to where you could call him a friend, but enough to establish a connection, not least of all over common interests. Sending him a card or wishing him well is a show of respect and empathy, and cordiality, at least, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is not something to belittle as you are trying to do, for no other reason than you being a petty, immature, self-righteous twat that no one here likes.

You know, Rael_, I don't usually bother responding to you because I honestly don't know what to say. I will admit that I am stumped by verbal abuse as I just don't get into it. I don't think it adds anything to the development of ideas and is an ineffective method of persuasion. I don't know how many times you have used swear words against a point that I have made but I honestly think it just makes you look bad. I think it is just like violence. You can punch someone in the face down at the pub but it doesn't mean you know more than them. I hope you learn some new coping strategies as this name calling is just a little tired.

I was tempted to respond to the point you made in the first half of your post but I know what you will do if you don't like what I say. I have seen it with Dara where I have tried to genuinely engage with points he made and empathise but he just spewed forth a torrent of abuse. I won't even bother with you because you just seem to display some real anger*. We didn't do too badly back in the Polanski thread but you seem to be caught up in a pattern now. I think one of the more unfortunate aspects of your behaviour is that your friends condone and encourage the aggression and I would say they even use you as their attack dog when they have run out of ideas. Most people seem afraid to confront you (with notable exceptions) so you keep it up.

So this is your response, I doubt I will bother again but this should do for all of the times I didn't bother.

*note how even here I don't say that you are angry but just that you display anger. I don't think people are things (bastards, hypocrites, happy), they just demonstrate certain behaviours. I am sure that whoever you are, Rael_, is more complex than just one word or a label. Consider that next time you want to call someone a prick or twat.

Good night

P.S. I sadly think I can guess your response to this but perhaps by adding the P.S, you won't do it.

Jan 20, 2011, 14:40

k.
k.
407 posts

It's OK, I do honor your opinion. But here's one from me to you: don't expect anybody to take your advice about how they mourn.

Jan 20, 2011, 15:39

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

hito wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
hito wrote:
Martin and James are not my friends so I am not going to send them a card or wish them well. They have never uttered a word to me.

Many people here have met Martin, and have had many discussions with him on and off-line. Maybe not the point to where you could call him a friend, but enough to establish a connection, not least of all over common interests. Sending him a card or wishing him well is a show of respect and empathy, and cordiality, at least, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is not something to belittle as you are trying to do, for no other reason than you being a petty, immature, self-righteous twat that no one here likes.

You know, Rael_, I don't usually bother responding to you because I honestly don't know what to say. I will admit that I am stumped by verbal abuse as I just don't get into it. I don't think it adds anything to the development of ideas and is an ineffective method of persuasion. I don't know how many times you have used swear words against a point that I have made but I honestly think it just makes you look bad. I think it is just like violence. You can punch someone in the face down at the pub but it doesn't mean you know more than them. I hope you learn some new coping strategies as this name calling is just a little tired.

I was tempted to respond to the point you made in the first half of your post but I know what you will do if you don't like what I say. I have seen it with Dara where I have tried to genuinely engage with points he made and empathise but he just spewed forth a torrent of abuse. I won't even bother with you because you just seem to display some real anger*. We didn't do too badly back in the Polanski thread but you seem to be caught up in a pattern now. I think one of the more unfortunate aspects of your behaviour is that your friends condone and encourage the aggression and I would say they even use you as their attack dog when they have run out of ideas. Most people seem afraid to confront you (with notable exceptions) so you keep it up.

So this is your response, I doubt I will bother again but this should do for all of the times I didn't bother.

*note how even here I don't say that you are angry but just that you display anger. I don't think people are things (bastards, hypocrites, happy), they just demonstrate certain behaviours. I am sure that whoever you are, Rael_, is more complex than just one word or a label. Consider that next time you want to call someone a prick or twat.

Good night

P.S. I sadly think I can guess your response to this but perhaps by adding the P.S, you won't do it.

And your total avoidance of the point, and sole focus on attacking me, just makes you look bad.

Jan 20, 2011, 16:34

hito
hito
1745 posts

Well, okay. If you are going to be civil, I will address your point/s. I am busy for the next couple of days but stay tuned...

Jan 21, 2011, 00:50

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

hito wrote:
Well, okay. If you are going to be civil, I will address your point/s. I am busy for the next couple of days but stay tuned...

It's too late now. You've shown your true colors.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:33

JS
JS
489 posts

Cheeso wrote:
I listen to Broadcast more and more now. What greater way to honor her?

You're not honoring her, idiot. She wouldn't feel honored by having an asshole like you as a fan.

Jan 21, 2011, 10:35

JS
JS
489 posts

Wow, is that your way of honoring her? Since her death, you became quite the jerk.

Cheeso wrote:
How old are you, Hito?

Cheeso wrote:
Piss off, loser.

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Get a job, BOTE. Stop being a welfare leech.

Cheeso wrote:
Seriously, go fuck yourself.

Cheeso wrote:
etc

Jan 21, 2011, 10:39

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index