Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
just silence for now.
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: just silence for now.

hito wrote:

I was tempted to respond to the point you made in the first half of your post but I know what you will do if you don't like what I say. I have seen it with Dara where I have tried to genuinely engage with points he made and empathise but he just spewed forth a torrent of abuse. I won't even bother with you because you just seem to display some real anger*. We didn't do too badly back in the Polanski thread but you seem to be caught up in a pattern now. I think one of the more unfortunate aspects of your behaviour is that your friends condone and encourage the aggression and I would say they even use you as their attack dog when they have run out of ideas. Most people seem afraid to confront you (with notable exceptions) so you keep it up.



You nailed it,Hito.

Jan 21, 2011, 12:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: just silence for now.

Cheeso wrote:
hito wrote:
Well, okay. If you are going to be civil, I will address your point/s. I am busy for the next couple of days but stay tuned...


It's too late now. You've shown your true colors.


And what would they be?

I think it is a bit rich for someone who has told me to go fuck myself to act indignant when I am reluctant to engage in a discussion. Moreover, I did not attack you as you claim. I think that other than your uncritical friends, most people would say it was a fair and balanced expose of your bullying tactics and an appeal to you to find the better aspects of yourself rather than simply using profanity. It is interesting that like cyberpainter, when your bullying has been exposed through your own words and actions, you act like a victim and claim to be hard done by. Nothing that I said about you has been challenged by you or anyone else for that matter. Again, the parallels with cyberpainter are unsurprising. The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.

So regardless of your claim that it is too late, let's have a look at what you said:

Cheeso wrote:


Many people here have met Martin, and have had many discussions with him on and off-line. Maybe not the point to where you could call him a friend, but enough to establish a connection, not least of all over common interests. Sending him a card or wishing him well is a show of respect and empathy, and cordiality, at least, and there is nothing wrong with it. It is not something to belittle as you are trying to do,


I should start by saying that we do not disagree that these people are not our friends. Although you would claim to have some contact with them, it is not friendship. You may see them at a gig, you may have sent them an email and they replied, they may have commented on a thread on this forum. This is similar to a person who met Lady Di as she visited a hospital, spoke to Michael Jackson at a parade or any other celebrity contact. I am sure to you and cyberpainter, these kind of things are important and you value your time with Martin Pike. But I am pretty sure you don't go to dinner with him, I am pretty sure Laetitia Sadier does not call you up to see what has been happening, I am pretty sure Tim Gane doesn't start threads on this forum hoping to elicit information about you and I am pretty sure James Cargill does not expect anything of you. In that way, it is a mainly one way relationship and that was the point I was making.

I originally responded to Mitchervan (sorry your thread has been overrun, Mitchervan) with my thoughts on his current dilemma. He seemed pretty down so I wanted to offer advice by saying the way that I see it. I wanted to tell him that her death was important but the pain will pass and to use her death to remind you of the things you value, among other things. Of course, I had my own thoughts that came out there as I had not written about her death prior to that post. I know I presented my views in a forthright manner and that some things that I said did hurt others but at no time was I saying people have to think what I do. I agree with k in that I cannot tell people how to mourn.

In that way - just like a fan of Michael Jackson - you can send Martin Pike a card, write a poem, do whatever. I have no concerns about your personal choices. My point was simply that mourning the death of a celebrity is the same here as it was outside Neverland Ranch. My point was also that I won't be writing to those people because they are not my friends. It is my choice not to write to Martin Pike because we don't have a relationship.

So I don't disagree with most of what you said in that post

Jan 21, 2011, 20:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: just silence for now.

hito wrote:
It is interesting that like cyberpainter, when your bullying has been exposed through your own words and actions, you act like a victim and claim to be hard done by. Nothing that I said about you has been challenged by you or anyone else for that matter. Again, the parallels with cyberpainter are unsurprising. The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.


I hope you are not calling me a bully here, because that's really absurd. Your obsession with me is pretty creepy.

Jan 21, 2011, 21:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: just silence for now.

hito wrote:
too late, didn't read

see above

Jan 21, 2011, 21:55


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: just silence for now.

cyberpainter wrote:
hito wrote:
It is interesting that like cyberpainter, when your bullying has been exposed through your own words and actions, you act like a victim and claim to be hard done by. Nothing that I said about you has been challenged by you or anyone else for that matter. Again, the parallels with cyberpainter are unsurprising. The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.


I hope you are not calling me a bully here, because that's really absurd. Your obsession with me is pretty creepy.


The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.

Jan 21, 2011, 22:21


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: just silence for now.

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
And your total avoidance of the point, and sole focus on attacking me, just makes you look bad.


Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Get a job, BOTE. Stop being a welfare leech.



The same applies for you and your like-insecure, insignificant trolls.

Jan 21, 2011, 22:30


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: just silence for now.

cyberpainter wrote:
I hope you are not calling me a bully here, because that's really absurd. Your obsession with me is pretty creepy.


Guilty by association. You and the asshole are seemingly good friends.

I find it hard to feel any sympathy for someone who befriend a bully.

I guess Hito meant something similar.

Jan 21, 2011, 23:31


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Re: just silence for now.

hito wrote:


The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.


Right, because obviously, going back and researching threads from July in order to label me as a hypocrite... That's not at all baiting, is it?

We were all focusing on memorials for Trish, and you put a lot of effort into bringing the attention back to yourself.

Takes all kinds on a forum.

Jan 22, 2011, 02:23


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: just silence for now.

cyberpainter wrote:
hito wrote:


The only options available to both of you is to attack me and claim to be a victim.


Right, because obviously, going back and researching threads from July in order to label me as a hypocrite... That's not at all baiting, is it?

We were all focusing on memorials for Trish, and you put a lot of effort into bringing the attention back to yourself.

Takes all kinds on a forum.


Powerful post.

Jan 22, 2011, 03:40


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

JS
JS
489 posts

Re: just silence for now.

Cheeso wrote:

Powerful post.


You're just ass-kissing Cyberpainter. Can you be more obvious?

Jan 22, 2011, 04:59

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index