Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Zola Jesus
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

Zola Jesus

anyone into this Siouxsie-esque songstress?

I had to drive my car around a bit this evening in order to keep it running in the insanely fridig temperatures. destinantion was unknown. I ended up at my favorite local record store. it was delightfully empty (usually packed). I couldn't find anything that struck my interest so I decided to check out Zola Jesus' "Stridulum" EP as I quite liked her song "Night" and the cover art was striking. I must say that I'm quite impressed. I've heard her compared to Kate Bush as well. I don't get that so much; perhaps in weirdness levels. it's also been coined as goth which I get, but the music seems a bit elevated to be labeled as such.

I think I need to hear everything she's done now.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:11

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

Re: Zola Jesus

Minneapolis Weather News

Tonight's wind chills: -30s in metro, -50s up north

That's really cold. Getting down to -25 wind chill here tonight as well.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:20

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

good times in Minnesota! vegetable soup and gin are necessities tonight. coldest night so far this winter they're sayin'.

I misspelled "frigid." fuck.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:40

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

Yea, as I said, it's cold here too, 25 below, so I'm staying in, putting on some hot tea, and turning up the furnace. Not looking forward to the morning when I have to get to work on public transportation.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:43

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

I hope you have lots of wool socks.

Jan 21, 2011, 02:46

Babylon01
Babylon01
183 posts

God, that level of cold sounds horrendous -it was frosty here this morning, but the fog has burnt off and the skies are sunny. Also saw green shoots of daffodils coming through the soil and the days are ever-so-slightly longer...
That double rocker moment isn't so far off.

Jan 21, 2011, 10:17

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Zola Jesus at Empty Bottle in Chicago 4/15/11

I haven't heard of Zola Jesus until I got an Empty Bottle advert in my e-mail yesterday. April 15 at the Empty Bottle in Chicago. Maybe I'll check it out, I used to be a big Siouxsie fan and I like Kate Bush too.

Jan 21, 2011, 16:49

GaryB2
GaryB2
2328 posts

Just discovered this/these today.

A quick search revealed I'm not the only one!

Great voice.

Aug 28, 2011, 22:02

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5933 posts

Ha, I read the first post and wondered why it was so cold in Minnesota now. :)

Aug 29, 2011, 03:42

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Ha, I read the first post and wondered why it was so cold in Minnesota now. :)

Give it another 30 days or so.

This ia a good Zola number:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMFQknupyw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Aug 29, 2011, 11:36

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index