Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Re: Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)

GaryB2 wrote:
I saw Mogwai play live last Friday. It was in a little theatre in Perth...small, intimate, fully seated. They were showcasing their new LP, obviously, but they played New Paths To Helicon. Wow. Totally spine-tingling moment for me. I have goosebumps just now typing this. At the noisy bit (4.21 on the vid) the place just filled with the noise of a jet engine, but you could still hear the bass, drums and melody. Blew me away.

They've adapted the way they play this over the years. It didnt sound like this 16 years ago when I last seen them! I'm not sure where this video is from.

Haven't heard from The 'gwai for some time. Must get up to date...

Feb 02, 2011, 17:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

corporalclegg
corporalclegg
501 posts

Looking forward to seeing them in April.

Feb 02, 2011, 18:15

k.
k.
407 posts

Just so there's no confusion, Mars,

By "Now Playing", you only mean music-wise, right? Not some movie or some sport or some card game?

Feb 02, 2011, 19:26

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Just so there's no confusion, Mars,

lol

;)

Feb 02, 2011, 19:27

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Just so there's no confusion, Mars,

k. wrote:
By "Now Playing", you only mean music-wise, right? Not some movie or some sport or some card game?

by all means, tell us about other things you're playing. i played an overtime game of Madden '11 last night. it was epic.

:)

Feb 02, 2011, 19:32

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Archigram wrote:
I've been playing the hell out of Steve Moore's new lp, "Primitive Neural Pathways". SO GOOD.

i like this one...has an Air quality to it.

Primitive Neural Pathways (Side A) by steve moore

Feb 02, 2011, 19:51

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
Archigram wrote:
I've been playing the hell out of Steve Moore's new lp, "Primitive Neural Pathways". SO GOOD.

i like this one...has an Air quality to it.

Primitive Neural Pathways (Side A) by steve moore

Yeah, that's the stuff!! Just a really enjoyable listen, IMO...

Feb 02, 2011, 19:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5938 posts

Nice, think I'll have to find this.

Feb 02, 2011, 20:18

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

you can hear it all here:

http://soundcloud.com/stevemoore2600

Feb 02, 2011, 20:28

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

cyberpainter wrote:

It's annoying because it was only released in an edition of 300 LPs on a UK label. I'm going to rip mine soon and send it your way!

Feb 02, 2011, 20:30

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index