Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

He's got a head on him like a rabbit

Lots of old school live stuff and rarities from this enormous archive:
http://tela.sugarmegs.org/alpha/a.html
I've listened to some Beach Boys, Bonzos, Procol Harum and even Frank Zappa jamming with Caravan (not great). A lot more to look into...

Feb 12, 2011, 16:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)

and some decent 70's Peruvian psych:

Feb 12, 2011, 21:24

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mars Rover wrote:

and some decent 70's Peruvian psych:

oops, the second video was supposed to be this, that other one is meh.

Feb 12, 2011, 21:30

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Thelonious

Feb 12, 2011, 23:31

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Not Missa Breve, but good.

Edu Lobo- Catiga De Longe

Feb 13, 2011, 09:44

hito
hito
1745 posts

The Beatles - Flying

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=133495228&m=133475904

Residents - Fingerprince (part 5)

T-Rex - Dandy in the underworld (used in an odd film called the extra man)

Feb 13, 2011, 11:40

hito
hito
1745 posts

and Barbara Morgenstern - Das Wort

Feb 13, 2011, 11:53

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

i remember 11th grade prom, dancing to this with my gf when it came out. Still good. some things stick with you.

Feb 14, 2011, 08:41

jorbel
329 posts

Dara wrote:
Leoš Janáček

I am totally lost in Janacek's Sinfonietta. I know this should probably go in the 'Classical music' thread, but it is now playing so...

I have recently invested in some new speakers and this sounds amazing through them. It is exhilarating, and inspiring like the first rays of warm sun on a spring morning - it makes me feel good to be alive. His 'modern' synthesis of traditional Slavic folk songs is breathtaking at times - verging on rock music in parts, there are some eerily Stereolabic echoes in there too.

Seriously, it's highly recommended especially the recording on the Decca label - that's the best quality.

Such an inspiring description, Dara. I'll certainly check that out.

Anyway, I've been constantly drawn to piano/chamber music since the beginning of the year -- it helps me to focus on the stuff that really matters.

Right now I'm listening to Chopin, mostly because tomorrow I'm going to see Boris Berezovsky playing Chopin and Liszt here in Lisbon.

Feb 14, 2011, 22:31

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

I heart that song. Yr gf must've thought 'he's the one'.

Feb 14, 2011, 22:42

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index