Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)
90 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jorbel
330 posts

Re: Now Playing (Jan./Feb. '11)

Dara wrote:
Leoš Janáček

I am totally lost in Janacek's Sinfonietta. I know this should probably go in the 'Classical music' thread, but it is now playing so...

I have recently invested in some new speakers and this sounds amazing through them. It is exhilarating, and inspiring like the first rays of warm sun on a spring morning - it makes me feel good to be alive. His 'modern' synthesis of traditional Slavic folk songs is breathtaking at times - verging on rock music in parts, there are some eerily Stereolabic echoes in there too.

Seriously, it's highly recommended especially the recording on the Decca label - that's the best quality.

Such an inspiring description, Dara. I'll certainly check that out.

Anyway, I've been constantly drawn to piano/chamber music since the beginning of the year -- it helps me to focus on the stuff that really matters.

Right now I'm listening to Chopin, mostly because tomorrow I'm going to see Boris Berezovsky playing Chopin and Liszt here in Lisbon.

Feb 14, 2011, 22:31

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: