Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

I've seen Metallica and Van Halen. I haven't seen the Bauhaus.

Feb 17, 2011, 00:41


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

Can you be classic and shite at the same time?

Methinks nah!

Feb 17, 2011, 01:06


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

MY RETURN
1963 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
I never said they had to be geriatric, but they should be good. Pumpkins are shit and they have long been has-beens. Weezer are fun but disposable pop. If u think they count as classic than u don't know what classic means. That's not ridicule, that's just a fact


Someone who likes Green Manalishi can't talk. You might as well say Steely Dan or Mamas And The Papas. LAME

You prove my point that tastes are relative. Stereolab is pop. But, we still like them. So spare us the empty judgement.

Feb 17, 2011, 01:20


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

MY RETURN wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
I never said they had to be geriatric, but they should be good. Pumpkins are shit and they have long been has-beens. Weezer are fun but disposable pop. If u think they count as classic than u don't know what classic means. That's not ridicule, that's just a fact


Someone who likes Green Manalishi can't talk. You might as well say Steely Dan or Mamas And The Papas. LAME

You prove my point that tastes are relative. Stereolab is pop. But, we still like them. So spare us the empty judgement.


Do you know what Green Manalishi is?

The judgment isn't empty.

Here is a list of bands/artists, which one is not like the others?
The Rolling Stones
Bob Marley
The Beach Boys
Johnny Cash
Weezer

Feb 17, 2011, 01:29


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

Cheeso wrote:
Can you be classic and shite at the same time?

Methinks nah!


Well you think Beatles are shite, so you are wrong sir. Classic can be shite to some people. However Beatles are not shite. ;)

Feb 17, 2011, 03:58


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

MY RETURN wrote:
You might as well say Steely Dan or Mamas And The Papas. LAME


Both of those I'd consider classic.

Feb 17, 2011, 04:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

cyberpainter wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Can you be classic and shite at the same time?

Methinks nah!


Well you think Beatles are shite, so you are wrong sir. Classic can be shite to some people. However Beatles are not shite. ;)


You got me there, ms. smarty pants!

But tiger lillies are not classic and definitely shite!

Feb 17, 2011, 04:43


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

Cheeso wrote:
Kenny Loggins is my from my town!

Now, did he do "I'm Alright" or not?


Yes. Watch episode three of "yacht rock". It is called "i'm alright".

Seems hard to find yacht rock streams now. The show was a classic

Feb 17, 2011, 10:07


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

I seen:

U2 (that is about it for mainstream classic)
Red hot chili peppers (early 90s)
Lou Reed (zzzzzz)
Sonic youth
Iggy pop
pavement (someone else said they were classic, I am not so sure. They were great live but they don't seem to be a classic. Anyway, I seen 'em)
Beastie Boys (not classic live)
Stereolab
Broadcast (surely nobody will rag on this choice)
PJ Harvey
Bjork
Faith no More
Ministry
Butthole Surfers
They might be giants
Nick cave
NIN
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion (I don't care if they are not classic, they were damn good)
Devo
Ween

Not all of the above were on purpose.

Didn't see:

Kate Bush
The Beatles
Janes Addiction
REM
Jimmy Dorsey
Bongwater
Lubos Fiser
Beethoven
Pixies
Captain Beefheart
Frank Zappa
Dead Kennedys (I did see Jello talk)
Jimi Hendr...nuts to this. I could go on forever

Feb 17, 2011, 10:22


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Classic bands/artists you've seen, and those you've missed...

I think I might have seen smashing pumpkins but they were forgettable if I did.
Still, they seem like one of the classic 90's bands. probably top ten if you asked people as far as recognised and exemplifying the 90's. Still, why am I arguing the case of such a band?

I saw Hole too. Is that like seeing Nirvana?

Some others:

The Ramones
Beck (is he classic?)

I didn't see Laurie Anderson...damn



Feb 17, 2011, 10:29

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index