Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiohead 'King of Limbs'
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

first impressions?

having listened to the whole thing all the way through for the first time i can safely say i probably won't like this as much as In Rainbows. However after hearing the single i thought they were going to make a straight pop album and i was worried. That single is the only really accessible song on the album. The album has much more depth than that and has the potential to be a real grower.

On to listen #2.

Feb 19, 2011, 01:50

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

flatironsteak
flatironsteak
341 posts

Re: track listing & single

Right on man.
He just looks retarded in there. I used to respect him as a musican for staying cool and "relatively" low key but I am not sure I will after watching this horrible video.

I never understand how people can think they are the best band int he world. They are rather consistent but they never peaked like or as long as Stereolab.

Feb 19, 2011, 09:15

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: track listing & single

If that's weak then we are in for a treat. *psyched*

Feb 19, 2011, 12:03

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Re: first impressions?

I sat down and listened about three times through on headphones last night. I like it a lot. I suspect threre's a part 2 looming, a la In Rainbows.

Feb 19, 2011, 15:24

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: first impressions?

Kazak wrote:
I sat down and listened about three times through on headphones last night. I like it a lot. I suspect threre's a part 2 looming, a la In Rainbows.

yeah i was thinking that too! i liked it more & more each time i heard it. it won't surprise me if a lot of people hate it though.

Feb 19, 2011, 15:51

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Radiohead 'King of Limbs'

my eleven year old red headed niece has more game then Thom does in this video.

Feb 19, 2011, 16:01

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

It's a great little album! I really like it.

I've got a feeling they'll drop a few more tunes soon.

Feb 20, 2011, 20:26

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I listened to it twice last night with my man. there's nothing to dislike about it. nothing really stood out though. I wanted a "Reckoner" type moment. perhaps in time...

Feb 20, 2011, 20:42

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

is good but not great

after many many listens now and *ahem* differentiated orientation...i think i got a grasp on it.

i don't think it's one of the better Radiohead albums unfortunately. Not near In Rainbows anyway. Below average for Radiohead, but still good in the larger scheme. Even Radiohead NOT on top of their game is still rewarding listening. i am comforted in the fact that they did try something new again. They didn't rest. They didn't go backwards. No new barriers smashed either, but it's still not exactly like any of their other albums. Similar to Amnesiac in my opinion, but not exactly. It's a little brief and leaves me wishing for more, which is probably what they intended. i was thinking that if i had to make a mix cd of my favorite all-time Radiohead songs, i don't know if any of these songs would make the cut. Maybe Codex. That said, i still like the album a lot. Radiohead just sets the bar so high for me. i'm hoping they do release some more stuff from this session.

Feb 20, 2011, 21:10

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

meanchico wrote:
I wanted a "Reckoner" type moment.

Didnt we all!

Feb 20, 2011, 22:50

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index