Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiohead 'King of Limbs'
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

Re: Radiohead 'King of Limbs'

Or one of these *sighs*

Feb 20, 2011, 22:53

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

el wanko
142 posts

Re: first impressions?

Mars Rover wrote:
Kazak wrote:
I sat down and listened about three times through on headphones last night. I like it a lot. I suspect threre's a part 2 looming, a la In Rainbows.

yeah i was thinking that too! i liked it more & more each time i heard it. it won't surprise me if a lot of people hate it though.

I've had it in the car for a few days and I really like it

Feb 22, 2011, 19:25

hito
hito
1745 posts

What a load of rubbish:

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
* A compact disc.
* Many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.
* The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
* The Newspaper Album will be shipped from Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download now.
* Orders placed on or after 21st February 2011 (UK time) will ship from 1st June 2011
* Shipping is included in the prices shown.
* One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

*perhaps

Considering their audience is in their 30s plus, this seems like something aimed at 8 year olds.

Of course, whatever floats your boat. I am telling others what to do but this seems lame to me.

Feb 24, 2011, 20:31

hito
hito
1745 posts

hito wrote:
I am telling others what to do

ahem. I am NOT telling others what to do

Feb 24, 2011, 20:33

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

hito wrote:
What a load of rubbish:

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
* A compact disc.
* Many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.
* The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
* The Newspaper Album will be shipped from Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download now.
* Orders placed on or after 21st February 2011 (UK time) will ship from 1st June 2011
* Shipping is included in the prices shown.
* One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

*perhaps

Considering their audience is in their 30s plus, this seems like something aimed at 8 year olds.

Of course, whatever floats your boat. I am telling others what to do but this seems lame to me.

whats so lame about it? u can chose to buy that if you want or you can get 9$ mp3 file or a $15 wav. file. Choices choices choices.

Feb 24, 2011, 20:33

GaryB2
GaryB2
2322 posts

No way bro!! Double 10" set gets me a wee bit hard every time. Puhlease let me enjoy my 30+ year old disposable income!!

To each their own though ;)

Feb 24, 2011, 21:29

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: is good but not great

this sums up my feelings on the album well:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15149-the-king-of-limbs/

Feb 25, 2011, 00:06

MY RETURN
1963 posts

I've never been a Radiohead fan (too soft). However, there's parts of Kid A that I liked.

Feb 25, 2011, 00:28

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

I'm warming up to it. "Lotus Flower" is quite good. Pitchfork reviewed it today and put it into perspective in a very positive, yet fair fashion.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15149-the-king-of-limbs/

Feb 25, 2011, 00:34

victim of band
106 posts

Call Radiohead,(I mean) what do you want from us?

Feb 25, 2011, 21:15

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index