Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiohead 'King of Limbs'
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

I like it

I just listened to it twice, while at work, on a lazy, tired afternoon, looking out at the rain and the grey clouds through my office window, and it really fits the mood.

I could imagine have a few drinks or a little spliff, lazing on my sofa at home, and just letting the sound envelope me...its warm and a little fuzzy...

Feb 25, 2011, 23:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Radiohead 'King of Limbs'

Mars Rover wrote:
hito wrote:
What a load of rubbish:

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
* A compact disc.
* Many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.
* The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
* The Newspaper Album will be shipped from Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download now.
* Orders placed on or after 21st February 2011 (UK time) will ship from 1st June 2011
* Shipping is included in the prices shown.
* One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

*perhaps

Considering their audience is in their 30s plus, this seems like something aimed at 8 year olds.

Of course, whatever floats your boat. I am telling others what to do but this seems lame to me.

whats so lame about it? u can chose to buy that if you want or you can get 9$ mp3 file or a $15 wav. file. Choices choices choices.

The choice is fine. I just think this package is a bit silly with the "many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together" and "One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl". I don't see what I would want with so much extra fluff and dislike the patronising tone. Of course, people like Gary love it and I have a lot of respect for him so I don't want to be too tough. I guess for me, the music is all that matters. I have the Kid A CD with its ridiculous fold out of "art" that I have looked at once or twice. I like the music.
I know people buy the 10" vinyl and the 12" vinyl and the 45's and that excites them, just like people with $200 bottles of wine and original star wars figurines still in their case. For me, I'd listen to the music on a piece of toast if it sounded good, drink the wine and play with the toys.
Anyway, enough said. Carry on as normal.

Feb 26, 2011, 04:25

moonduck
moonduck
312 posts

Re: track listing & single

Archigram wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
Booklover wrote:
listened to the whole thing all day. Wasnt really impressed, I lost interest for them after Hail to the Thief, which I still consider their last good afford

How one could like HTTT over In Rainbows...i'll never know :)

None of the albums have interested me much since the double whammy of Kid A/Amnesiac (Kid A is still THE shit!!). I was so into those and the thought that they couldn't possibly do anything as good after. I like the recent things I've heard over the years but I'm not captivated anymore.

Most of the albums register equal, but the standouts for me are, in order, Ok Computer, Kid A, Rainbows and then this King of Limbs coming in 4th(the newness factor may part of this).

Feb 26, 2011, 05:32

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

postminimal wrote:
Hey all,

Has anyone any information on the new release?! I can't even find a track list. All I have found out is that it is an 8 song EP that is scheduled to be released this weekend.

???

their weakest work since 'pablo honey'...

Feb 26, 2011, 05:37

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

(hope this link works for you all)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00fhw6y/spout_radiohead_fan_speaks_out/
(my friend Mark is in this)

Mar 07, 2011, 14:31

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

TKOL2?

http://thekingoflimbspart2.com/?p=823

Mar 24, 2011, 17:42

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I like it. I listened on youtube.

Mar 24, 2011, 18:35

mikka000
1083 posts

lol i'm sure it does gary hehe

Mar 24, 2011, 20:50

mikka000
1083 posts

the film clip is terrible i agree, i couldnt watch it. i dont wanna see thom yorke dance.

Mar 24, 2011, 20:51

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

i'm not mad on youtube, or mac 'n cheese. but i suppose it can be useful. youtube, that is.

Mar 25, 2011, 23:55

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index