Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Radiohead 'King of Limbs'
73 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

hito
hito
1745 posts

Re: Radiohead 'King of Limbs'

Mars Rover wrote:
hito wrote:
What a load of rubbish:

Radiohead's new record, The King Of Limbs, is presented here as the world's first* Newspaper Album, comprising:

* Two clear 10" vinyl records in a purpose-built record sleeve.
* A compact disc.
* Many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together.
* The Newspaper Album comes with a digital download that is compatible with all good digital media players.
* The Newspaper Album will be shipped from Monday 9th May 2011 you can, however, enjoy the download now.
* Orders placed on or after 21st February 2011 (UK time) will ship from 1st June 2011
* Shipping is included in the prices shown.
* One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl.

*perhaps

Considering their audience is in their 30s plus, this seems like something aimed at 8 year olds.

Of course, whatever floats your boat. I am telling others what to do but this seems lame to me.

whats so lame about it? u can chose to buy that if you want or you can get 9$ mp3 file or a $15 wav. file. Choices choices choices.

The choice is fine. I just think this package is a bit silly with the "many large sheets of newspaper artwork, 625 tiny pieces of artwork and a full-colour piece of oxo-degradable plastic to hold it all together" and "One lucky owner of the digital version of The King Of Limbs, purchased from this website, will receive a signed 2 track 12" vinyl". I don't see what I would want with so much extra fluff and dislike the patronising tone. Of course, people like Gary love it and I have a lot of respect for him so I don't want to be too tough. I guess for me, the music is all that matters. I have the Kid A CD with its ridiculous fold out of "art" that I have looked at once or twice. I like the music.
I know people buy the 10" vinyl and the 12" vinyl and the 45's and that excites them, just like people with $200 bottles of wine and original star wars figurines still in their case. For me, I'd listen to the music on a piece of toast if it sounded good, drink the wine and play with the toys.
Anyway, enough said. Carry on as normal.

Feb 26, 2011, 04:25

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: