Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What was your first album ever?
Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

What was your first album ever?

In this age of Hanna Montana and Jonas Bros., thought it might be fun to jump in the way-back machine and see what everyone's first album they ever owned was.
For me, it was a tie between "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney and Wings and a Beach Boys compilation called "Good Vibrations". The latter actually had "Caroline, No" and "Heroes and Villains" on it. Those songs sounded as great to my little 10 year old ears back then as they do today.

Dec 02, 2008, 22:42

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

augustus
augustus
54 posts

Re: What was your first album ever?

My first was Abbey Road by The Beatles purchased one day in 1970. On the same day my mum bought Herb Alpert presents Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 and we spent the afternoon fighting to get our records on the record player. I fell deeply in love with both the Beatles and bossa nova.

My second album was Willy and the Poor Boys by Creedence Clearwater Revival which is probably their best and brilliant.

And my third was Crosby Stills & Nash.

Dec 02, 2008, 22:48

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

My first lp was Fleetwood Mac Rumours, but I had 45's before that, and I don't remember my first 45. Possibly The Night Chicago Died?

Dec 02, 2008, 23:11

Thessaly
57 posts

Even though I was a child of the 80s, the first tape I can remember owning was Greatest Hits of The Monkees. That was in 2nd Grade. But by third grade it was Paula Abdul and Janet Jackson, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson and NKOTB.

Dec 02, 2008, 23:14

k.
k.
407 posts

It might have been the OST for Popeye, by Nilsson and Parks, heh. Olivia Newton-John was my first crush, and Xanadu OST was an early purchase around the same time. I must've been 7.

Dec 02, 2008, 23:53

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

Its hard to say since i used to listen to so many of my mom's LPs as a kid. My first memories are of putting records on the record player. Then the huge headphones over my ears. i remember very clearly loving my mom's Neil Young records (which i still love today). By 6th grade i started getting tapes, as it was now the 80's. i got whatever my friends at the time listened to- Run DMC, Beastie Boys, and eventually by 8th grade it was all about De La Soul. Then the next year Nirvana broke and my listening was surely changed forever. i truly can't remember what my first purchased music was. i know my first cd was The Breeders' Last Splash in 1993.

Dec 03, 2008, 00:21

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

The very first thing I remember purchasing by myself was Hall and Oates' "Voices" in 1981, on cassette no less. I listened to that over and over and over!

Dec 03, 2008, 02:28

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

head on the door - The Cure

got it for my birfday when i was 7 or 8.

Dec 03, 2008, 02:43

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

It might've been Queen - The Game. Semi-interestingly, I was listening to it recently and realized how good an album it really is! Of course, I remember listening to my folks records too, one of my favorites of theirs, as I recall, was Donovan.

Dec 03, 2008, 03:16

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

My parents listened to Johnny Mathis and Roger Whitaker. I had to carve out my own musical path to say the least, though my older sister introduced me to the Cure, Siouxsie, et al... in the mid 80's.

Dec 03, 2008, 03:31

Pages: 6 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index