Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
What was your first album ever?
55 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Re: What was your first album ever?

Hobobachang wrote:
I blame "Highlander" !

And not forgetting Flash Gordon! I remember how much that soundtrack LP excited me. Although i had some of my own records before (mostly 7"s, but a few LPs too), I remember joining that "Brittania Music Club" mail order thing as a youngster - you got 4 free records for joining on the condition you bought one every two months for a year or something. Oh how I used to look forward to my records arriving through the post! (and still do, but from eBay mostly). You had to pick from a limited selection for the introductory offer, and I remember choosing:

Queen - Flash Gordon OST
ZZ Top - Eliminator
Big Country - The Seer
Talking Heads - Little Creatures

They used to send you the "album of the month" if you didn't return the order form in time saying you didn't want it, one time amusingly resulting in me owning Curiosity Killed The Cats's "Keep Your Distance". Any other victims of that skam?!

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 23:31

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: