Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Re: my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...

Flight of The Conchords is GLORIOUS. I bought it in Seattle.

It's business time!!!

Dec 04, 2008, 14:25

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

8. monstre cosmic - monade
9. sexuality - sebastien tellier
10. tea parties, guns & valor - truckasaurus

Dec 05, 2008, 15:19

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Stereolab "Chemical Chords"
High Llamas "Musical Painting"
Hideki Kaji & Jez Butler "Hideki Spaghetti"
The Lucksmiths "First Frost"
Pas/Cal "I was raised on Matthew, Mark, Luke & Laura
Scarlet's Well "Gatekeeper"
Las Escarlatinas "Al Galope"
The Wedding Present "El Ray"
Pelle Carlberg "The Lilac Time"
Belle and Sebastian "The BBC Sessions"

Dec 05, 2008, 22:09

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

thomas2 wrote:

It's business time!!!

You know when I'm down to my socks it's time for business that's why they call them business socks ooooh!

How were of Montreal in the states? Turns out I'll get to see them again soon as well.....they're playing in Glasgow in January, at the same venue where I will see the groop shortly. Brilliant!

8 )

Dec 05, 2008, 22:39

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
it is gorgeous. she's using the piano a lot more than she ever has on this one -- you can tell that she and hauschka have been spending a lot of time together. she even has a song w/ robert wyatt...

Hmm, I'll have to check it out - Cheers!

8 )

Dec 05, 2008, 22:40

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

2008 has been a pretty typical year for me in that... I don't really buy that much new music anymore. At least not enough to recall a Top 10. I liked the Beck album. Obviously Stereolab is a highlight! Bands I fell in love with, and rekindled my love with, include Of Montreal, The Fall, Pink Floyd, Cinerama/Weddoes, MGMT and Ce-bud-oh.

Dec 06, 2008, 00:20

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
thomas2 wrote:

It's business time!!!

You know when I'm down to my socks it's time for business that's why they call them business socks ooooh!

How were of Montreal in the states? Turns out I'll get to see them again soon as well.....they're playing in Glasgow in January, at the same venue where I will see the groop shortly. Brilliant!

8 )

They were fab!! Virtually identical set to the one they played in London. I saw they're doing another tour, the only place they're playing down Sarf is Brighton on a work night!! Might have to take a half day hol and just schlep it.

Hope you enjoy the 'lab in Glasgow.

I'm planning a visit to Scotland in the New Year, partly work, partly pleasure. We'll have to met up for a beer! {I'm not really an axe-wielding maniac in real life, it's just my on-screen persona.}

Dec 06, 2008, 07:52

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Hey Gary B, have you heard the new "Holly Jolly Hollywood" EP by The Wedding Present? An instant Christmas classic!

Dec 06, 2008, 14:07

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

Haven't heard too much from '08, but of what i have heard:

Dungen- 4
Chem Chords
Pram- The Moving Frontier
Beach House- Devotion
Beck- Modern Guilt
Monade Monstre Cosmique
Ratatat- LP3
Portishead- 3
Juana Molina- Un Dia
Advisory Circle- Other Channels
SYR 7
Red Snapper- Pale Blue Dot
Bonobo- Dial 'M'
Cloudland Canyon- Lie in Light

thats all i think, get a little thin towards the bottom.

Dec 06, 2008, 14:26

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Yeah!! I have it on How The West Was Won - a classy 4CD ltd box set just released. Classic Gedge. I go to see them 4 days before I see Stereolab - next week. Yay!

Dec 06, 2008, 22:03

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index