Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...

[quote="Mars Rover *bow wow*"]SYR 7[quote]

Probably my fave since SYR 1. What do you think?

Dec 06, 2008, 22:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

78 sluss
78 sluss
687 posts

1 squarepusher - just a souvenir
2 M83 - saturdays = youth
3 the faint - fascination
4 stereolab - chemical chords
5 ladytron - velocifero
6 sonic youth - syr8
7 thomas tantrum - thomas tantrum
8 chromeo - fancy footwork
9 those dancing days - in our space hero suits
10 oasis - dig out your soul

Dec 07, 2008, 23:52

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

GaryB wrote:
[quote="Mars Rover *bow wow*"]SYR 7[quote]

Probably my fave since SYR 1. What do you think?

Yeah, i agree.

Dec 08, 2008, 03:07

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I think Pram- The Moving Frontier was 2007. I was listening to it tonight, I really like it. I have such a backlog of stuff to listen to it isn't funny. And karel put up his best of 2008 list on rym, and i haven't heard like most of them, so I have some work to do!

Dec 08, 2008, 07:41

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

thomas2 wrote:
{I'm not really an axe-wielding maniac in real life, it's just my on-screen persona.}

What is this strange fear of being labelled an Axe murderer present amongst us Brits? I'm sure GaryB said exactly the same thing! Axes are too heavy and cumbersome to be practical I would have thought, particularly in the wintertime. Round here it's usually the people with Samurai swords you have to look out for.....

Should you find yourself in Glasgow and looking for where the good pubs are then no worries, I'm sure I could meet for a pint at some point. And if you end up in Dundee then no doubt Gary can show you round (that's outwith my jurisdiction). We could start up a forum tourist guide service!

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 21:25

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
I'm sure GaryB said exactly the same thing!

One of us must be lying!

*places recently cleaned Estwing axe back in drawer*

Dec 08, 2008, 21:32

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Mars Rover *bow wow* wrote:
Juana Molina - Un Dia

BRILLIANT album!

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 21:33

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

GaryB wrote:

*places recently cleaned Estwing axe back in drawer*

Keep it there. Only a week till the groop play Glasgow! How will I recognise you, any distinguishing features I should look out for (apart from being tall)?

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 21:37

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

allyourrushingwaves wrote:
hehe Darkthrone. I don't have that one yet but FOAD was fun.

It's cracking! Quite punky sounding in places, but still metal to the bone. Even some King Diamond style touches in some of the vocals :)

"The Winds They Called the Dungeon Shaker" is my favourite, continuing their tradition of classic opening songs.....

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 21:55

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Only a week till the groop play Glasgow! How will I recognise you, any distinguishing features I should look out for (apart from being tall)?

8 )

I'll wear my red SY Washing Machine t-shirt! I guess, as a Weedgie, you'll be wearing either a Celtic strip or a Rangers strip, swigging from a bottle buckie, right? hehe only kidding :)

Dec 08, 2008, 23:31

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index