Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover *bow wow*
Mars Rover *bow wow*
92 posts

Re: my top 10 favorite albums of 2008 are...

Hobobachang wrote:
Mars Rover *bow wow* wrote:
Juana Molina - Un Dia

BRILLIANT album!

8 )

Its pretty good. i didn't really like it at first, then i played it when i was driving to NJ from Pittsburgh during Thanksgiving break. Something about driving through the snow on an open road as the sun rose ahead of me in a magenta sky....then it clicked.

Dec 08, 2008, 23:41

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

GaryB wrote:
I guess, as a Weedgie, you'll be wearing either a Celtic strip or a Rangers strip, swigging from a bottle buckie, right?

I HATE football! Partial to the odd wee bottle o' "the wine" now and again right enough though.....I'll be the ridiculously overexcited person down at the front. I'll be so ridiculously overexcited I should be easy to spot!

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 23:42

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

Something about driving through the snow on an open road as the sun rose ahead of me in a magenta sky....then it clicked.

Yeah, probably suits really well for that!

8 )

Dec 08, 2008, 23:51

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

Hobobachang wrote:
Juana Molina - Un Dia

BRILLIANT album!

8 )

Its pretty good. i didn't really like it at first, then i played it when i was driving to NJ from Pittsburgh during Thanksgiving break. Something about driving through the snow on an open road as the sun rose ahead of me in a magenta sky....then it clicked.

I like it a bit better than Son, but not nearly as well as Segundo and Tres Cosas. I can't even really force myself to listen to the whole thing through. I loved seeing her live.

Dec 09, 2008, 05:58

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

78 sluss wrote:
1 squarepusher - just a souvenir

Ooh, listening to "Just a Souvenir" for the first time at the moment, it's sounding really good. I'm going to see him on Thursday night, pretty excited!

8 )

Dec 09, 2008, 23:11

k.
k.
407 posts

1. Dungen - 4
2. Jonas Reinhardt - Jonas Reinhardt
3. Roedelius & Story - Inlandish
4. Beach House - Devotion
5. Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See but Cannot Feel
6. The Advisory Circle - Other Channels
7. Nomo - Ghost Rock
8. Legowelt - The Rise and Fall of Manuel Noriega
9. School of Seven Bells - Alpinisms
10. Juana Molina - Un d?a

The rest here.

Dec 10, 2008, 20:16

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2143 posts

k. wrote:
Legowelt - The Rise and Fall of Manuel Noriega

Yes! I love Legowelt, haven't gotten hold of the new one yet though. "Klaus Kinski" is probably my favourite EP, but I like the "more dirty banging stuff" just as much : ) I'll have to look out for it!

8 )

Dec 10, 2008, 20:55

k.
k.
407 posts

It's special order only, through his Strange Life Records label in Holland. Actually, very inexpensive and efficient, if you're typically averse to import ordering. I wrote about it in the link I listed. He's prolific as hell, but he does well when he focuses on a theme such as in this album. Probably his best.

Dec 10, 2008, 21:05

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Okay, it took me long enough, but here's my list. And for the record, Portishead and Juana Molina could have gone either way...

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/DevastatorJr/the_devastator_jr__awards_2008

Dec 11, 2008, 22:19

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Killing Moon

I agree with you. The Pavement cover is better than the original. By miles!

Dec 11, 2008, 23:03

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index